The Oldham MX 52 controller accepts inputs from flammable (4-20 mA transmitter or catalytic bridge types) and toxic gas detectors. The MX 52 modular design allows you to build your gas detection system to meet your requirements.
The innovative features of the MX 52 are integrated into a 3U 19” frame rack for use in various applications. The unit can be programmed with the keyboard or by a laptop. Suitable for use with any Teledyne or third party detector with compatible input.
Detection display and alarms
Each of the 16 channels performs as follow:
- Continuous monitoring
- Two discrete alarm relays per channel, one common Alarm three relays, one common Fault relay
- Scrolling display of the monitored gas, nature, content and unit (ppm, LEL or %)
- Alarms are triggered if the content exceeds preset thresholds
- Relays activated to enable external warning devices (valves, audible/visual alarms)
- General fault alarms
- The mainframe is a 19” rack frame 3U high with up to 16 channels (8 cards – 2 channels each)
- Easy wiring
- Easy programming
- Fault and gas alarms monitored by a built-in micro-controller
- Eight cards with two independent channels each
- Fixed or scrolling fluorescent display with two lines, 16 characters
- Three gas alarm thresholds are individually adjustable
- Instantaneous alarms 1 and 2
- Alarm 3 on delay or average
- General fault alarm
- Local TEST push button
- Fail-safe relay operation
- Maintenance mode indicated by LED
- 5 LED indicators per channel
- Local or remote alarm acknowledgement
- 4-20 mA input enables the connection of any analogue transmitters (flame, temperature, air velocity, pressure)
- Common digital output (RS485 MODBUS protocol) and 4-20 mA output per channel
Protection against RF and electromagnetic interferences prevents false alarms (CE marked).
The MX 52 controller is approved as a SIL 2 Safety Instrumented System according to EN 61511 and is compliant with European standards EN 50054, 50081 and 50082.