Kidde Alarmline LWM-1 Controller, Linear Heat Detection System by UTC Fire & Security.
Designed for the detection of fire and overheating. To be used in conjunction with sensor cable up to a maximum of 300 metres in length. The LWM-1 incorporates modern technology that utilises digital signal processing. Temperature changes are indicated by the continuous monitoring of sensor cable resistance.
Designed for applications in narrow rooms or confined spaces and harsh environmental conditions, where point heat detectors could be unreliable. Approved for EX classified area use, housed in ABS which protects against corrosion, dust and chemicals, ingress protection IP65.
Configuration of the maximum alarm is by 16 step dip-switch. The max alarm is triggered if the static alarm temperature of the sensor cable is arrived at or exceeded, providing rapid-fire detection with heat detector classes A1, A2, B and C.
The unit comprises of two buttons for system check, alarm and fault. Resetting is possible by turning off the power or activating the external reset input. Potential-free relay contacts make communication to fire panels for fault and alarms (2 A, 30 V).
- Power supply 10-30 V dc
- VdS approval EN 54-5 A1 up to 7.5 m ceiling height
- 3 floating relay contacts for max. alarm / diff. alarm and fault
- Use with both Chemical and Mechanical resistance sensor cables
- Compatible with Honeywell Esser accessories
- Dimensions; width 20cm x height 12cm x depth 8cm, weight 550g. Packed 30 x 20 x 20 cm, 0.84kg
- Country of Origin: GB – United Kingdom. Tariff Code: 8536508090
Examples of applications
- Car parks: Early detection of fires even with exhaust gases present wit dirt and humidity
- Recycling plants: False alarm minimised as dust and dirt resistant. Maintenance does not stop operations.
- High-voltage installations: Installation of the control unit in a safe area, no influence by interfering electromagnetic fields
- Cold stores: No false alarms or faults due to icing-up of the sensor cable.
- Raised floor: Installation possible under tight space conditions
- Industrial manufacturing: Simple maintenance even under high ceilings and/or large overhead cranes; sensor contamination proof.
- Conveyor belts: Early recognition of fires also in changing climatic conditions, dirt and humidity
- Escalators: Continuous detection along with the entire sensor, no interruption of operation during maintenance
- Tunnel: Low probability to false alarms despite exhaust gases, dirt and humidity, installation of the control unit outside of the traffic region