The Kidde Alarmline Analogue LWM-1 Linear Heat Detection System allows early detection of fire or overheating. It is especially suited for confined areas or harsh environments where adverse ambient conditions cause other detection devices to be unreliable or difficult to use. The system consists of the sensor cable and the LWM-1 control unit.
The control unit reports temperature differences by the permanent supervision of the resistance of the sensor cable. The response threshold Max-alarm can be adjusted with a 16-step dip-switch.
Two test buttons within the control unit allow for an electrical check of the system for alarm and fault. All alarm and fault messages are latched in the control unit. A reset can be generated by an interruption of the power supply or the external-reset input activation.
The electronic PCB of the control unit is housed in plastic housing (ABS: Protection class IP 65). Connections to supervising fire panels can be made via potential-free relay contacts (2 A, 30 V) for alarms and fault.
- Early fire detection (heat detector classes A1, A2, B, C)
- VdS approved, based on standard EN 54-5:2000. Up to 7.5 m ceiling height
- Low probability of nuisance alarms even in rough environments
- Low space requirement for sensor cable
- High chemical and mechanical resistance using specially coated sensor cables
- The Control unit may be installed up to 500 m remotely from the sensor
- Easy maintenance of the system
- Constant sensitivity over the entire length of the sensor cable
- Suitable for application in hazardous areas, usable in Ex-zones 1, 2, 21, 22
- Dimensions; width 20cm x height 12cm x depth 8cm, weight 550g. Packed 30 x 20 x 20 cm, 0.84kg
- Country of Origin: GB – United Kingdom. Tariff Code: 8536508090
Examples of applications
- Car parks: Early detection of fires despite exhaust gases, dirt and humidity
- Recycling plants: No false alarms due to dust and dirt, no interruption of operation during maintenance
- High-voltage installations: Installation of the control unit in a safe area, no influence by interfering electromagnetic fields
- Cold stores: No false alarms or faults due to icing-up of the sensor cable
- Raised floor: Installation possible under tight space conditions
- Industrial manufacturing: Simple maintenance even under high ceilings and large overhead cranes; sensor resistive against contamination
- Conveyor belts: Early recognition of fires in changing climatic conditions, dirt and humidity
- Escalators: Continuous detection along with the entire sensor, no interruption of operation during maintenance
- Tunnel: Low probability of false alarms despite exhaust gases, dirt and humidity, installation of the control unit outside of the traffic region