The AACUSP Alarmline II Analogue control unit by UTC Fire & Security includes an LCD and internal control buttons for calibrating and configuring the controller without needing a laptop. Alarms can be programmed, and pre-alarms temperatures can be input. Suitable for use with any Alarmline analogue linear heat detection cable up to 500 metres in length.
Volt-free changeover contacts within the control unit provide pre-alarm and alarm signalling to a primary fire alarm or building management system. A failsafe opto-isolated phototransistor fault output is also provided.
Monitors temperature changes on the LHD sensor cable and provides alerts of damaged cable by open and short circuit recognition. Should the temperature within the controller exceed 100°C (212°F), the internal sensor will trigger an alarm.
The LHD sensor cable can be linked to the controller by an electrical cable allowing the installation of the AACUSP in another area.
Set up is done by measuring and entering the sensor cable’s calibration resistance, removing the need to know the sensor cable length. No nomograms or charts are required. An isolated input is included, enabling remote reset functionality. No user controls are on the control unit.
As an option, AACU-PCC software can also be used in conjunction with the control unit to provide additional diagnostic information. If set up and configuration using the software is required an alternative model is available.
- Sensor cable length – Min 30.5m, Max 500m
- Supply voltage: 20-28VDC, Current consumption: Quiescent – 70mA max, Alarm – 100mA max
- 2 x Volt free outputs (Alarm & Pre-Alarm) rated 2A @ 30VDC, 0.25A @ 250VAC
- 1 x Op to Isolated output (Fault) rated 20mA @ 50VDC
- 1 x Isolated input (Reset) requires 20-28VDC pulse for min 5s
- Alarm and Pre-Alarm temperature range 54 – 100 Deg C (129 – 212 Deg F)
- 4 LED indicators: Red – Alarm, Red, Pre-Alarm, Amber – Fault, Power – Green
- Polycarbonate enclosure, Ingress rating IP66
- Dimensions (mm): 182w x 182h x 90d. Weight 815 g
9-30841 power supply is required, which also charges backup batteries. Will operate for 24 hours after a power cut. Contains space for 2 x 17Ah batteries. A relay output is provided to monitor mains fail and battery faults remotely.