A transmitter for monitoring Toxic gases and Oxygen in ambient air, was capable of accepting all electrochemical sensors. Twenty sensors were available offering detection of up to two hundred gases. Meaning it could be suited to many applications. Incorporated into each electrochemical sensor was temperature recognition and stored data, gas type, temperature compensation and calibration date. When installed onto the Drager Polytron 2 transmitter this information was read with the Polytron 2 configuring automatically for the specific sensor.
The Polytron 2 engaged self diagnostics to check transmitter and sensor, any fault or calibration due would be diagnosed and displayed or/and relayed to the central controller. By using the same twisted pair 4-20mA transmission and simultaneous maintenance work could be executed by the bi-directional digital communication HART.
- Plug & Play Sensor Technology, Pre calibrated sensors accepted
- Outputs 4-20mA analogue and digital HART output
- Power supply: 16.5 V DC to 30 V DC
- Operating temperature -40 to 65 °C / -40 to 150 °F
- CENELEC, UL and CSA approvals
- Ingress Protection IP67
- Size 130 x 210 x 92 mm/5.12 x 8.27 x 3.62 inch, approximately 1.8 kg / 4.0 lb
- Applications semiconductor production to offshore oil and gas
Polytron 2 with Display 8314400
Polytron 2 without Display 8314500
Polytron 2 Hand-held Terminal 8313602