The SoundEar II XL is used as an alternative to regular noise and hearing protection warning signs.
The difference is that with SoundEar, you know precisely when to put on your earmuffs ensuring noise regulation compliance. Suitable for production & manufacturing, warehouses and construction.
Noise levels depend on location and production processes, and the decision to use earmuffs or other protection can become difficult and clouded by a person’s hearing capability. Deploying the SoundEar II XL industry removes any scope for error, giving a clear and easily understandable warning in those areas where the use of ear protection is required. Housed in Shockproof acrylic with IP 42, (dust- waterproof) and can be used inside and outside.
The unit displays green when monitoring, yellow when noise is becoming loud and red when the noise is too loud. Even in small dosages noise can affect our concentration, our ability to acquire knowledge and our stress levels.
Pre-set 16 different noise limits ranging from 45 to 115 dB, using the red wheel at the bottom of the device to select the desired noise limit. Once the set level has been exceeded a visual warning sign consisting of a flashing red light will display. It is recommended to set the device to turn red at 85 dB, following the noise regulations, this will trigger the yellow warning light on at 80 dB.
Placement can be anywhere within a plant; however, you do need to consider that the microphone, which is located at the bottom of the device, must not be obstructed. To put on a wall, mount at the height of 150-200 cm above the floor away from any noisy machines or soft fabrics nearby that may cause interference to noise levels.
A data log that saves measurements for up to four weeks is available for the SoundEar II system. The computer program delivered along with the data log allows the measurements from the last four weeks to be shown in a printable graph.
- 60601-1: Medical electrical equipment
– Part 1: General requirements for basic safety and essential performance.
- 60601-1-2: Medical electrical equipment
– Part 1-2: General requirements for basic safety and essential performance.
- Length 576 mm x width 376 mm x height 46 mm. A smaller display version is available
- Power supply: 24 Volt DC
- Operating temperature: 0 °C to 50 °C
- Measurement parameters: Frequency: 20Hz to 16kHz. Scope of measurement: 40 dB to 115 dB
- Frequency weighing: A-filter. Time weighing: Slow (1 sec). Deviation: +/- 3 d
- Can be connected to an external microphone