Now obsolete replacement here.
The Micronics Portaflow 220 is a portable ultrasonic clamp-on flow meter with non-invasive transducers. There are two models choices, the PF220 A measures pipe sizes with an overall diameter of 13-115 mm, and PF220 B is for larger pipes 50-1000 mm. Both are designed for use in industrial environments. Fitted on the outside of a pipe, flow is measured without piercing the pipe wall or placement into the flow system. Shutting downflow or draining the system is not required, avoiding potential fluid contamination and exposure to the liquid that could be toxic or corrosive.
The Portaflow 220 has a 64 x 240 pixels graphic display. Flow rate, total flow, signal and battery level are shown. A quick start menu makes installation fast and straightforward. No additional fittings or modification of existing equipment is required. Outputs include a 4-20mA or pulse output, proportional to the detected flow rate, allowing communications with external building control and management systems.
- Flow Range – 0.1m/sec to 20m/sec bi-directional depending on pipe size
- Programming via 16 key control panel
- Battery or mains operation rechargeable battery
- Battery Life – 20 hours from fully charged, depending on load
- Power – 110 – 240VAC +/-10% supply via PSU
- Accuracy Pipe ID 13-75mm – ±3% of flow reading for flow rate >0.2m/s
- Accuracy Pipe ID > 75mm – ±0.5% to ±2% of flow reading for flow rate >0.2m/s
- Ten selectable languages, including English, German, French, Spanish and Russian
- CE approved
- A Transducers in mounting rail:– 13mm OD to 115mm OD pipes
- B Transducers in mounting rail:– 50mm OD to 1000mm OD pipes
- Transducer Operating Temperature: A & B -20°C to +135°C
- Outputs: 0/4 –20mA; RS 232/USB; 5v pulse @ 1 pulse/sec max
- Size: 26.4 x 16.8 x 5.0 cm. Weight 1.1 kg (including battery)
- Packed shipping dimensions: 50.5 x 12.5 x 42 cm. Weight 6.0kg
- Customs tariff number 9026102190
Suitable for clean liquids or oils that have less than 3% by volume of particulate content. Applications include river water, seawater, potable water, demineralised water, glycol/water mix, hydraulic systems and diesel oil.
Pipe Materials: Any sonic conducting media such as Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper, UPVC, PVDF, Concrete, Galvanised Steel, Mild Steel, Glass and Brass. Including lined pipes – Epoxy, Rubber, Steel, Plastic, Glass and Concrete. Pipe wall thickness 1 mm – 75 mm. Lining thickness up to 25 mm.