The PolyGard 2 Multi-Gas Controller MGC2-K is designed to detect toxic, combustible, or dangerous gases in many commercial and industrial applications. Three analogue sensors with a 4–20 mA signal and eight digital sensors via RS-485 communication from Sensepoint XCL and XRL sensors can be connected to the controller, which helps to reduce installation costs.
The controller monitors the measured values and activates the alarm relays if the set local alarm thresholds for pre-alarm and main alert have been exceeded or if there are alarm messages coming from the eight digital sensors. The PolyGard 2 includes the Honeywell Modbus Master Protocol exclusively for Honeywell Sensepoint XCL and XRL gas detectors.
- Internal function monitoring with integrated hardware watchdog
- Hardware and software according to SIL2-compliant development process
- Reverse-polarity protected; overload and short-circuit proof
- Three analogue inputs 4–20 mA
- Three relays with change-over contact, potential-free max. 250V AC, 5 A
- Two transistor outputs, 24V DC, 0.1 A (plus switching)
- Serial RS-485 interface with Modbus protocol
- Display with multicolour power LED
- Waste Water
- Power Generators
- Vehicles / Engines
- Food Processing / Beverages
- Boiler Rooms
- Parking Garages
The PolyGard 2 Multi-Gas Controller MGC2-K is supplied with 3x mA analogue inputs, 1x mA analogue output, and 3x relays. Up to 8x digital sensors via Modbus RS-485 communication from Sensepoint XCL and XRL sensor can be connected.