The Drager Polytron 8700 continuously monitors combustible gases. The microprocessor transmitter uses the PIR 7000 Infrared poison immune sensor, detecting a range of Hydrocarbons. There are two sensor options for maximum sensitivity to the target gas, measured in ppm, %LEL and Vol% range. Housed in Aluminium or Stainless Steel, explosion-proof and suitable for use indoors or outdoors.
- Type 334 measures a range of Hydrocarbons, for example, Methane and Ethylene.
- Type 340 is designed to be extra sensitive to Propane and Alkanes.
Gas readings are shown on a large graphic backlit display. Status is indicated by prominent LEDs, green, yellow and red. Operation is by a magnetic wand.
E versions include a docking station that can be fitted before detector installation.
A library of 100 gases can be selected from the menu. Once the gas is chosen, automatic calibration occurs with a common gas reference such as Methane or Propane, making it easy should detection requirements change. Data and event logging functionality is included.
The gas concentration is output as a 4 to 20 mA analogue signal or a digital HART signal allowing integration with most controllers or building management systems. Relay options enable the transmitter to act as a standalone system, triggering external preventive equipment, using two adjustable alarm concentration relays and one fault relay.
Remote sensor options permit installation in hard to access areas. The maximum permissible distance between the Polytron 8700 and the PIR 7000 is 30 metres. Using the optional flow cell accessory, one-person calibration is possible.
- Long-life Infrared sensor typically 15 years
- Stainless steel housed sensor suitable for use in extreme environments
- Light, efficient optics with four beam stabilising provides drift-free output and dirt resistance
- Ageing and climate compensation
- Low maintenance
- Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus and Modbus available
- Four mounting holes included pipe and duct mountable options
- Approvals ATEX, IECEx, UL and CSA. SIL 2 certified and MED
- Operating Temperature-40 to 77°C without relay -40 to 70°C with relay
- Power requirement 10 to 30 V DC, 3-wire
- Size with Docking station 28 x 18 x 19 cm, 5.2kg. Without 28 x 15 x 13 cm, 3.9kg, Weights quoted based on Aluminium housing