The Drager PIR 7000 is an explosion-proof point infrared gas detector that continuously monitors flammable gases and vapours. With its stainless steel 316L hermetically sealed enclosure and drift-free optics, this detector is built for the harshest industrial environments, e.g. offshore installations.
The optical 4-beam technology ensures utmost signal stability for all models over long periods. The gas transmitter is available with an M25 or a 3/4 inch NPT thread.
There are two versions:
- The type 334 model provides comparable sensitivity in the Lower Explosion Limit (LEL) measuring range for many gases and vapours containing hydrocarbons such as methane, propane, and ethylene.
- Type 340 model offers high sensitivity for propane and alkanes of greater length, such as octane and nonane. This allows for more sensitive measurements and alarm thresholds in the ppm range. Methane and ethylene are more weakly detectable with this model.
- Configurable gas library – methane, propane and ethylene fixed. Up to 10 additional substances can be uploaded
- Beam block warning in case of dirty optics for preventive maintenance
- Long maintenance intervals
- Multiple mounting and configuration capabilities (signals acc. to NAMUR NE 43)
- Extended temperature range of up to + 77 °C / + 170 °F
- Double-compensating, non-imaging optics (using 4-beam technology)
- Single cable multidrop capability using HART communication
- Conventional 4-to-20-mA analogue signal output
- Approvals ATEX, IECEx, UL, CSA
- SIL 2 certified
- Dust approval for zone 21 and 22
- Integrated tag holder for individual labelling
- Resistant towards shock and vibration up to 4 G
- Continuously self-tests – IEC/EN 61508 standard
- Size: length 160 mm, diameter 89 mm, weight 2.2 kg (excluding accessories)
6811552 PIR 7000 Type 334 (NPT) HART
6811550 PIR 7000 Type 334 (M25) HART
6811817 PIR 7000 Type 334 (M25) HART, complete set
6811562 PIR 7000 Type 340 (NPT) HART
6811560 PIR 7000 Type 340 (M25) HART
6811819 PIR 7000 Type 340 (M25) HART, complete set
The complete set option includes an Ex e junction box, splash guard, status indicator and mounting set, assembled before purchase.
Px00 Magnet with key chain (formerly Magnetic wand 4543428)
6811648 Mounting set
6811850 Duct mount set
6811911 Splash guard
6811609 Insect guard
6811890 Hydrophobic filter
6811610 Calibration adapter
6811625 Status indicator
6811630 Bump test adapter
6811915 Process adapter
6811415 Process cuvette
6811663 USB PC adapter