Drager PIR 7000 infrared Gas Transmitter is designed for stationary, continuous monitoring of flammable gases and vapours and can be deployed in hazardous areas. There are two models to choose from.
Type 334 measures Lower Explosion Limit (LEL) for a range of gases and vapours containing Hydrocarbons for example Methane, Propane and Ethylene.
Type 340 is more sensitive to Propane and Alkanes of greater length like Octane and Nonane. Providing more sensitive measurements and alarm thresholds in the ppm range. It is less sensitive to the detection of Methane and Ethylene.
The user can select Methane, Propane or Ethylene from the gas library menu and add up to ten more gases. Response time is configurable, normal response is under 4 seconds and fast response under a second. Selecting fast response and lowing alarm levels gives the fastest response time to a leak. For set up and calibration a magnetic wand is all that is needed.
Outputs are 4-20mA analogue and Hart digital as standard, providing compatibility with the majority of controllers and building management systems. Power required 13 to 30 V DC, 3-wire.
Housed in a hermetically sealed stainless steel SS 316L enclosure, the detector can be used in harsh environments. Built to collect light and incorporating a four beam signal stabilising system. The total optical system uses reflectors, not light beam split. The double-compensating optical system counters known interference from fog, dust and insects in the measuring cuvette or dirt accumulation on the optical surfaces. Due to its non-imaging construction, partial beam block does not impact measuring signal. The byproduct is no false alarms, longer periods between maintenance, no moving parts and no drifting signal output.
PIR 7000 measuring ranges
- Type 334: 0 to 20 … 100 %LEL. 0 to 100 % vol. CH4 (IDS 01×1) (methane).
- Type 340: 0 to 5 … 100 %LEL. e.g. 0 to 850 ppm C3H8 (IDS 01×2) (propane).
Can be configured for various gases and vapours as well as measuring ranges.
- If the optics are dirty a Beam block warning is triggered
- Array of mounting options
- Operating temperature range– 40 to + 77 °C / – 40 to + 170 °F
- Selection of configuration capabilities (signals acc. to NAMUR NE 43)
- Worldwide approvals ATEX, IECEx, UL, CSA
- SIL 2 certified
- Dust approval for zone 21 and 22
- Inbuilt tag holder for labelling
- Shock and vibration tolerant up to 4 G
- Continuously self-tests – IEC/EN 61508 standard
- Typical lifetime > 15 years
- Size: length 160 mm, diameter 89 mm, weight 2.2 kg (excluding accessories)