The Drager PIR 7000 is an infrared gas transmitter for detecting flammable hydrocarbons in the ambient air or other suitable atmospheres.
The optical 4-beam technology ensures utmost signal stability for all models over long periods. The gas transmitter is available with an M25 or a 3/4 inch NPT thread.
There are two versions:
- Type 334 model provides comparable sensitivity in the measuring range of the Lower Explosion Limit (LEL) for many gases and vapours containing hydrocarbons such as methane, propane and ethylene.
- Type 340 model offers high sensitivity for propane and alkanes of greater length, such as octane and nonane. This allows for more sensitive measurements and alarm thresholds in the ppm range. Methane and ethylene are more weakly detectable with this model.
The software of the PIR 7000 type 334 contains linearised characteristics for the gases methane, propane and ethylene. The software of the PIR 7000 type 340 contains linearised characteristics for the gases propane and methane.
- Measuring range type 334: 0 to 20 … 100 %LEL, 0 to 100 % vol. CH4 (IDS 01×1) (methane).
- Measuring range type 340: 0 to 5 … 100 %LEL, e.g. 0 to 850 ppm C3H8 (IDS 01×2) (propane).
- Alternatively configurable for various gases and vapours as well as measuring ranges.
- If the optics are dirty, a Beam block warning is triggered
- Different mounting options
- Operating temperature range– 40 to + 77 °C / – 40 to + 170 °F
- Selection of configuration capabilities (signals acc. to NAMUR NE 43)
- Approvals ATEX, IECEx, UL, CSA
- SIL 2 certified
- Dust approval for zone 21 and 22
- Inbuilt tag holder for labelling
- Shock and vibration tolerant up to 4 G
- Continuously self-tests – IEC/EN 61508 standard
- Typical lifetime > 15 years
- Size: length 160 mm, diameter 89 mm, weight 2.2 kg (excluding accessories)
6811552 PIR 7000 Type 334 (NPT) HART
6811550 PIR 7000 Type 334 (M25) HART
6811817 PIR 7000 Type 334 (M25) HART, complete set
6811562 PIR 7000 Type 340 (NPT) HART
6811560 PIR 7000 Type 340 (M25) HART
6811819 PIR 7000 Type 340 (M25) HART, complete set
The complete set option includes an Ex e junction box, splash guard, status indicator and mounting set, assembled before purchase.
Px00 Magnet with key chain (formerly Magnetic wand 4543428)
6811648 Mounting set
6811850 Duct mount set
6811911 Splash guard
6811609 Insect guard
6811890 Hydrophobic filter
6811610 Calibration adapter
6811625 Status indicator
6811630 Bump test adapter
6811915 Process adapter
6811415 Process cuvette
6811663 USB PC adapter