The Drager Polytron 2 XP TOX is now obsolete. The equivalent is the Polytron 8100.
A continuous explosion-proof monitor for Toxic gases and Oxygen using electrochemical sensors. Suitable for use in hazardous areas. Non-intrusive one-person calibration and configuration were performed with an infrared remote control or a Hart handheld terminal without opening the transmitter. Menu access also was possible through the integral buttons.
The Polytron 2 XP TOX was supplied with two mounting holes, and the electronics encased in a bucket could be pulled out, enabling easy connection.
There are two models with or without relays. The addition of three relays allows the detector to operate as an independent gas detection system, providing two adjustable gas alarm levels and a fault alarm, enabling the triggering of site warning equipment without wiring to a central controller.
- Outputs are a 4-20mA also digital HART and RS 485 signal output.
- Supply voltage 10 to 32 VDC, 3-wire
- Operating Temperature – 40 to + 150 °F / – 40 to + 65 °C
- Diagnostics and self-test features
- Backlit LCD; 2 lines, 20 characters Menu structure and messages in text
- Fast Response
- ATEX, UL and CSA approved
4543070 Without sensor and relays; UL, CSA, ATEX version
4543200 Without sensor, with relays; UL, CSA, ATEX version