Obsolete replacement range here
Carbolite Gero STF 16/450 Single Zone Tube Furnace, 1600°C, 450mm heated length. Max OD of tube insert 90mm.
The furnace is available in 1500°C or 1600°C variations. There is a choice of heated lengths to 180mm, 450mm or 610mm.
Heating is provided by Silicon Carbide elements, which allow fast heating to operating temperature. Furnaces are supplied without a work tube customers may have their own or choose from chemically resistant tubes or other and different lengths depending on the application. Furnaces can be bored to accept a specific diameter as standard accepts 60mm or 90mm outer diameter. Longer tubes allow clearance from the furnace to support accessories necessary for gas insertion and vacuum deployment: work tube seals, plugs, gas or vacuum inlets.
Supplied with a 301 PID controller with single ramp to setpoint and process timer, optional upgrades that allow programming for ramping and RS232, RS485 or Ethernet connectivity available and data loggers.
STF 16 examples of use Novel materials testing for research, testing of electronic components under vacuum or inert atmospheres, sensor heat testings for example thermocouples. For applications that require precision uniformity, three-zone versions are available.
- Over-temperature protection is used if the furnace has expensive contents or is left unattended for large periods of time
- A range of other work tubes in various lengths and materials, such as quartz, ceramic, metal, end seals, and work tube packages, is available with modified atmosphere and vacuum. Or for simply aiding heat retention.
- Pumps are offered for vacuum application: rotary vane pump or turbomolecular pump
- Insulation plugs & radiation shields to contain heat loss and enhance uniformity
- Electrical configuration 2 or 3 phase electrical supply possible
- Hook and strapwork tube support