The Carbolite Gero CAF 16/38 Coal Ash Fusibility Furnace has a maximum temperature of 1600°C and an internal work diameter of 38mm. The furnace is designed to test coal ash fusibility according to BS ISO 540:2008.
Suitable for a single sample test, the process is observed manually using the viewing port and telescope supplied with trunion arm. A CAF furnace with automated digital image capture and archiving using Windows compatible software is available the CAF G5.
A sliding and rotating door mechanism provides unrestricted access for sample loading. Supplied with a 301 single ramp PID controller which can be programmed to reach test starting temperature, the controller can be upgraded to 8 or 20 segments ramping capability. Once the desired temperature is reached, use the telescope to observe and record the fusion temperature.
- Tests can be run up to 1600°C
- Silicon carbide heating elements
- User-defined temperature ramp
- Sealed work-tube for use with a fail-safe gas control mechanism for use with toxic and inflammable gas mixtures
- Supplied complete with sample holder, mounting tiles and loading tool
- Reducing gas 50% (v/v) H2 + 50% (v/v) CO2, Oxidising gas CO2, Purge gas CO2
CAF 16/38 Specifications
|Maximum temperature (°C)||1600|
|Maximum number of samples per run||1|
|Maximum recommended heat-up rate (°C/min)||8|
|Dimensions: Fixed tube inner diameter (mm)||38|
External H x W x D (mm)
|700 x 505 x 650|
|Maximum power (Watts)||4800|
|Thermocouple type||Pt and Pt/13%Rh|
|Power supply||220 – 240 V single phase + N|
|Atmosphere||H2 reducing gas|