Stuart SMP30 Digital Melting Point Apparatus by Cole Parmer has a maximum temperature of 400°C. The operator can programme ramping rates 0.5 to 10°C per minute in 0.1° increments allowing customised heating profiles corresponding to specific samples. Three methods can be stored for repeated use. The backlit alphanumeric LCD provides menu-driven operation guiding the user through a test.
The patented head-up display provides optimum visibility of sample melting point. Temperature is shown while viewing the sample through the eyepiece—dispensing of the need to look at the instrument and then return to seeing the sample. The two-part movement of the head can achieve the ideal viewing position; it can be moved towards the user and swivel up to 126°, once in place, the head will not move. On completion of testing the head can be pushed flush with the instrument body for storage.
- Bright LEDs illuminate sample tubes during testing
- Digital setting and temperature measurement gives repeatability
- Productivity test three sample simultaneously, inbuilt cooling reduces the time between tests 350°C to 50°C in 10 minutes
- Memory allows seven-date and time-stamped events recordable for each of the three samples
- Plateau can heat up while executing other tasks
- Designed for maximum safety, automated cooling
- Digital Temperature displayed to 0.1°C resolution
- Block design allows easy cleaning
- Removable head for access to the micro furnace
- Ergonomic, slots for prepared samples, draw for capillary tubes
- All units come with a with calibration certificate referencing serial number for traceability. IQ/OQ Documentation option
- Audit melting point temperature with a printer (optional)
- Languages; English, German, French & Italian
Norrscope supply sample tubes made from Soda glass, these can be easily be broken into two and sealed with a Bunsen flame, each pack has 100 tubes and includes a tube holder. Melting point tube dimensions: length 100mm, overall diameter 1.9mm, inner diameter 1.3mm, wall thickness 0.3mm.
SMP30/IQOQ Melting point apparatus, 1ºC resolution, IQOQ, with a pack of 100 melting point tubes, closed at one end, 120/230v. Stock code WZ-00393-TM
SMP10/1 Glass melting tubes, closed at one end, pack of 100. Stock code WZ-03013-64
SMP2/ 1 Glass melting tubes, closed at both ends, pack of 100 Stock code WZ-03013-65
SMP1/4 Glass melting tubes, open at both ends, pack of 100 Stock code WZ-03013-63