The Spectrex FS-1400 Flame Simulator is the essential complementary tool to the self-testing capabilities of your Sharpeye Multi IR Flame Detectors. It brings fire prevention safety to a higher level by giving you the ability to thoroughly test the operational readiness of your entire fire detection system:
- Test the integrity of all the system components: all alarm outputs, all cabling and connections and the fire alarm panel functionality.
- Test clear line of sight: By using the Spectrex Flame Simulator, you will ensure that no object is obstructing the field of view and that the detector’s window lens is not obscured.
Simulating a fire triggers the detector outputs, the model FS-1400 verifies the correct operation of the Multi IR flame detector, as required by standards such as SIL2 performing an actual end-to-end loop test through the wiring to the controller, and up to the actual alarm notification, also verifying window cleanliness.
How it works: The Spectrex flame simulator emits IR radiation in a unique pattern corresponding to, and recognisable as fire by your SharpEye Flame Detector. This allows the detector to be tested under “real” fire conditions without the associated risks of an open flame, able to test at distances of up to 12 metres from the flame detector.
- Long-range flame detector activation – at a range up to 39.3ft (12m) – a 33% increase compared to previous simulator models.
- Reduced maintenance costs with easy access for testing detectors, in hard to reach places, from floor/deck level, no need for scaffolding or ladders
- Highly portable – for handheld operation by a single operator
- Easy aiming using laser diode
- ATEX/IECEx approved for use in Zones 1 & 2, Zones 21 & 22 hazardous areas
- A single charge is sufficient to test up to 1000 detectors
- Ingress protection IP65
- Housing Aluminum, heavy-duty copper-free, black painting
- Operating temperature -20°C to +50°C
- Suitable for models 40/40M
Part Number: 380114-4 Flame Simulator Kit; includes the FS1400 Flame Simulator, battery, charger and TM380302 user guide and case. ATEX certified
380004 SPX Spare Battery Kit for FS Flame Simulator
380151 16.8 V LI-Ion Battery for FS Flame Simulator