The SoundEar3-320 is an indoor noise meter with a digital display that shows noise levels real-time; alternatively, it can be used to show the time or switched off.
Suitable for industrial environments, hospitals, bars, recording studios and concert halls. Applications include detecting maintenance on plant machinery by changes in sound, or for energy savings when low noise levels indicate vacant rooms where power can be shut off. The optimal level of sound for work requiring precision and concentration can be attained. A continuous noise monitoring solution which can communicate directly with a building management system using current loop 4-20mA or 0 to 10V DC outputs.
You can analyse the sound data using the software to see peaks and troughs. Produce documentation with the logged data for managing noise levels. Comparison of different locations and periods provide an overview of the entire noise situation. Designed to be easy to use, no background engineering or acoustics is needed.
The measuring range is from 30 dB to 120 dB. To set up the SoundEar-320, connect it to a PC where you can name the device and configure email alerts for excessive noise levels. Noise readings can be monitored from multiple locations, and automated noise reports can be created, these features require the automation add on that allows sending and receiving of noise data via Wi-Fi or Lan by micro pc or via a wireless dongle.
Install in a visible spot on the wall, 8 metres above floor level, on the opposite side of the room from the door, not in a corner, away from any sound-absorbing and noisy instruments.
The internal memory capacity is 16MB; logging can be set to user-defined intervals, readings are easily transferred to a PC using a USB.
A new outdoor version the SoundEar3-320IP67, model 3322 is available with an IP67 clear cover, outdoor microphone Type I and software. Connectivity by micro PC, WIFI/LAN.
- 4-metre microphone extension cable
- An interface that allows the connection of a type 1 microphone
- Parameters: Measures 3 measurements simultaneously LAF; LAS; LCpeak; Laeq, 1s, Laeq ¼ h, Laeq 1/2h, Laeq 1 h
- Resolution: 0.1 dB for all parameters
- Deviation: +/- 0.5 dB
- Frequency Range: 20Hz- 20 kHz
- Frequency Weightings: A- weighting (RMS), C-weighting (Peak)
- Time Weighting: Slow(1S) & Fast (125 ms)
- Dynamic Range: 90 dB and peak detection
- 2 xUSB outputs: Micro USB (power & PC) , USB OTG (Log, configuration)
- Power Supply: 5VDC (Micro USB) / 24VDC (Screw terminal)
- Current Consumption: max 2.5 W
- Internal memory: 16 MB( 128 Mbit) (5-90 days log time, depending on log settings)
- Real-Time Clock: Hi-precision type with battery backup (CR2032)
- Microphone: 20 Hz- 20 kHz
- Size: Length 150 mm, width 120 mm, height 45 mm. Weight 0.45 kg
- Standards: IEC61672-2-2002, Type 2, ANSI 51,4 Type 260601-1: Medical electrical equipment- Part 1: general requirements for basic safety and essential performance. 60601-1-2_ Medical equipment
– Part 1.2: General requirement
– Part 1-2: General requirement for Basic safety and essential performance.
- Connectivity accessories: GSM module, a 4G module for a Cloud solution