The SoundEar3-300 is for reducing and controlling noise levels in hospitals. An eye-catching warning sign activated when the preset noise limit is breached, serving as a reminder to keep the volume down, improving patients and staff’s wellbeing at hospitals (better sleep, faster recovery, less stress).
Suitable for patient rooms, recovery rooms, operation theatres, intensive care units and neonatal care.
The lights on the device can be switched off at night, avoiding sleep disturbance. The measuring range is from 30 dB to 120 dB. To set up connect the unit to a PC and input the dB level where you want the ear to turn red. Noise readings display in real-time on the device and can be viewed from multiple patient rooms using the software. Automated noise reports can be generated by the software and emailed according to a parameter, for example, each shift, each day or each week.
Install in a visible spot on the wall, 8 metres above floor level, on the opposite side of the room from the door, not in a corner, away from any sound-absorbing materials and noisy instruments.
The internal memory capacity is 16MB; logging can be set to user-defined intervals, readings are easily transferred to a PC using a USB. For communication with building management or control systems, outputs can be configured to current loop 4-20mA or 0 to 10V DC.
A new outdoor version, the SoundEar3-300x, model 3305, is available with an IP67 clear cover, outdoor microphone Type I and software. Connectivity by WIFI/Lan, GSM.
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Deviation: +/- 0.5 dB
- Frequency Weighting: dB (A) & dB (C) filter
- Time Weighting: Slow (1S) & (125mS)
- Dynamic Range RMS: 90 dB and Peak detection
- Light setting: Configurable through SoundEar software including night setting
- 2 x USB ports: Micro USB (Power &PC), USB OTG (Log, config)
- Display data: dB(A) Slow, Leq(A)15, Alarm settings, Temp, Clock
- Power supply: 5VDC (micro USB) / 24VDC (screw terminal) Current consumption: max 2.5W
- Microphone: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Internal memory: 16MB (128MBit) (5-90 days log time, depending on log settings)
- Real-Time Clock: Hi-precision type with battery backup (CR2032).
- Properties & Size: Cabinet: Shockproof acrylic. Length 265mm, width 205mm, height 46mm. Weight 1.5 kg
- Type 2, ANSI S1, 4
- 60601-1: Medical electrical equipment. Part 1: General requirements for basic safety and essential performance
- 60601-1-2: Medical electrical equipment. Part 1-2: General requirements for basic safety and essential performance