The Soundear II provides a visual warning sign whenever a pre-set noise limit is reached. Displaying green when monitoring, yellow when noise is becoming loud and red when the noise is too loud. Creating awareness without verbal warnings and reminding everyone to be quiet.
Pre-set 16 different noise limits ranging from 45 to 115 dB, using the red wheel at the device’s bottom. Once the set level is breached, a visual flashing red warning light will display.
Applications include: Hospitals, waiting rooms, fitness centres, offices, schools and music venues. Research indicates noise levels above 50 dB delay patient recovery in hospitals.
Place anywhere in a room; however, ensuring the microphone, which is located at the bottom of the device, is not obstructed. To put on a wall, mount at the height of 150-200 cm above the floor away from any noisy machines or soft fabrics nearby that may cause interference to noise levels.
A data log that saves measurements for up to four weeks is available. The computer program delivered and the data log allow the measurements from the last four weeks to be shown in a printable graph.
- Cabinet: Shockproof acrylic
- Measurements: Length: 265 mm, width: 205 mm, height: 46 mm. Weight: 1.5 kg
- Power supply: 24 Volt DC
- Operating temperature: 0 °C to 50 °C
- Ingress protection IP 42
- Measurement parameters: Frequency: 20Hz to 16kHz. Scope of measurement: 40 dB to 115 dB
- Frequency weighing: A-filter. Time weighing: Slow (1 sec). Deviation: +/- 3 d
- Can be connected to an external microphone
- 60601-1: Medical electrical equipment
– Part 1: General requirements for basic safety and essential performance.
- 60601-1-2: Medical electrical equipment
– Part 1-2: General requirements for basic safety and essential performance.