The SoundEar 3 XL is for reducing noise levels and ensuring hearing protection is worn in compliance with noise regulations. Helping concentration levels and minimising the risk of hearing impairments. Reducing noise by making it visible is a simple and effective method of control.
When the unit display turns red put on hearing protection, green is shown during monitoring, yellow when noise is becoming loud and red when the noise is too loud.
The measuring range is from 30 dB to 120 dB. To set up the SoundEar 3 XL, connect it to a PC and input the dB level where you want the ear to turn red. It is recommended to set the device to turn red at 85 dB, following the noise regulations for wearing earmuffs, this will trigger the yellow warning light on at 80 dB. Noise readings display in real-time on the device and can be monitored from multiple locations using the software, providing an overview of the entire noise situation. Automated noise reports can be generated within the software and emailed according to the desired parameter, for example, one for each shift or each day of the week.
Install the SoundEar3 XL in a visible spot on the wall, 8 metres above floor level, on the opposite side of the room from the door, not in a corner, away from any sound-absorbing materials and noisy instruments.
The internal memory capacity is 16MB; logging can be set to user-defined intervals, readings are easily transferred to a PC using a USB. For communication with building management or control systems outputs can be configured to current loop 4-20mA or 0 to 10V DC.
Suitable for production & manufacturing, warehouses and food processing.
- Parameters: Measures 3 measurements simultaneously LAF; LAS; LCpeak; Laeq, 1s, Laeq ¼ h, Laeq 1/2h, Laeq 1 h
- Resolution: 0.1 dB for all parameters
- Deviation: +/- 0.5 dB
- Frequency Range: 20Hz- 20 kHz
- Frequency Weightings: A- weighting (RMS), C-weighting (Peak)
- Time Weighting: Slow(1S) & Fast (125 ms)
- Dynamic Range: 90 dB and peak detection
- Light setting: fully configurable through Soundear software, including night setting.
- 2 xUSB outputs: Micro USB (power & PC) , USB OTG (Log, configuration)
- Display setting: LAS max, Leq (A)15, Alarm settings, Temperature & Clock
- Power Supply: 5VDC (Micro USB) / 24VDC (Screw terminal)
- Current Consumption: max 2.5 W
- Internal memory: 16 MB( 128 Mbit) (5-90 days log time, depending on log settings)
- Real-Time Clock: Hi-precision type with battery backup (CR2032)
- Microphone: 20 Hz- 20 kHz
- Size: Length 595 mm, width 412 mm, height 59 mm. A smaller display version is available
- Standards: IEC61672-2-2002, Type 2, ANSI 51,4 Type 260601-1: Medical electrical equipment- Part 1: general requirements for basic safety and essential performance. 60601-1-2_ Medical equipment
– Part 1.2: General requirement
– Part 1-2: General requirement for Basic safety and essential performance.
- Connectivity accessories: GSM module, a 4G module for a Cloud solution