Seaward Halo Hook Ammeter 40kV measures range 0-2000 amps. Designed to be hooked around overhead power lines providing current measurement. When used on high voltage conductor after five seconds the current is shown by 3.5 digit LCD display integrated into fibre glass tubing body. The peak reading of rms current is stored until reset. Comprising of insulated operating poles, which connect to the hook made from moulded plastic housing, screened against the effects of electrostatic fields. Accommodates up to 50mm conductor size.
Applications include spot load surveys, phase balancing on primary and secondary circuits and monitoring of current flow through high voltage fuses to establish their integrity. The durable build design allows field and is widely deployed by power utilities worldwide.
- Scale maximum amperes:2000, minimum 0.1
- Display response time: 3 seconds to full scale
- 5% +/- 3 digits
- Temperature range: -10°C -+ 55°C
- Frequency 50Hz or 60Hz
- Auto shut off
- Operating humidity range: 80% RH at 120°F
- System voltage: 40kV AC (phase to phase)
- Replaceable 9V alkaline battery- 40+ hours continuous operation 9v PP3 – 6R61
- Membrane type, tactile response control panel
- Dimensions core opening: 58mm x 94mm
- Weight 1.2kg
Supplied with Padded carrying case and operating instructions: 205A910 HALO Overhead line Ammeter up to 40kV