TSI QUESTemp Heat Stress Monitors formerly by 3M, feature a Waterless Wet Bulb, dispensing of the requirement for daily upkeep. All models calculate Wet Bulb Globe Temperature the benchmark parameter in the measurement of heat stress. This measurement incorporates heat from various sources, work machinery, weather and counteracting wind tolerance. The signs of heat stress and how to deal with it are detailed here.
QT44, QT46 and QT48N are supplied with the following: Waterless wet bulb, dry bulb, globe and relative humidity sensors. The QT46 can have an optional Air Velocity Probe added. All models include data logging with the 48N model having an event logging mode too. Readings can be downloaded and used with Quest Detection Management Software for chart creation, analysis and reports.
Standards are selectable guiding live work and rest proportions. QUESTemp models 46/48N give stay times by ACGIH scientific association, US navy and Ashore Flag Conditions. QUESTemp° 46 includes Electric Power Research Institute thresholds.
- Follow heat stress established guidelines
- Optimise work and rest routines
- Ascertain Head-Torso-Ankle weighted average WBGT requires additional tri-sensors QT44 and QT46 models only
- Suitable for use indoors or outdoors, ingress protection IP54
- Disposable batteries 80-hour operation or NiMH rechargeable battery 160 hours
- Durably designed for challenging environments and regular use.
When switching units on ten minutes needs to be allowed for sensor stabilization, the monitor should be placed around 3.5 feet off the ground.