TSI QUESTemp Heat Stress Monitors feature a Waterless Wet Bulb, removing the need for daily upkeep. All models calculate Wet Bulb Globe Temperature, the benchmark parameter in the measurement of heat stress. This measurement incorporates heat from various sources, work machinery, weather and counteracting wind tolerance. The signs of heat stress and how to deal with it are detailed here.
QT44, QT46 and QT48N are supplied with waterless wet bulb, dry bulb, globe and relative humidity sensors. The QT46 can have an optional Air Velocity Probe added. All models include data logging, with the 48N model having an event logging mode too. Readings can be downloaded and used with Quest Detection Management Software for chart creation, analysis and reports.
Standards are selectable guiding live work and rest proportions. QUESTemp models 46/48N give ACGIH scientific association stay times, US navy and Ashore Flag Conditions. QUESTemp 46 includes Electric Power Research Institute thresholds.
- Follow heat stress established guidelines
- Optimise work and rest routines
- Ascertain Head-Torso-Ankle weighted average WBGT requires additional tri-sensors QT44 and QT46 models only
- Suitable for use indoors or outdoors, ingress protection IP54
- Disposable batteries 80-hour operation or NiMH rechargeable battery 160 hours
- Durably designed for challenging environments and regular use
- Previously supplied by 3M
Ten minutes needs to be allowed for sensor stabilisation; the monitor should be placed around 3.5 feet off the ground.
|Dry bulb, wet bulb and globe temperatures||+||+||+|
|WBGT (indoor index)||+||+|
|WBGT (outdoor index)||+||+||+|
|Heat index / HUMIDEX||+||+|
|Temperature reading: Celsius or Fahrenheit||+||+||+|
|Data logging intervals: 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 30 or 60 minutes||+||+||+|
|Event logging mode||+|
|Time & date stamping with clock and calendar||+||+||+|
|Displayed stay times: ACGIH TLV, U.S. Navy PHEL charts, U.S. Navy/Marine Corp. Ashore Flag Conditions, EPRI action limits (QT°48N excludes EPRI)||+||+|
|Head-Torso-Ankle Weighted Average WBGT (optional with tri-sensors)||optional||optional|
Included in each QUESTemp Series Portable Heat Stress Monitors are a verification module & storage case.
-3 indicates 3 sensors bars are included.
– Sensor Bar Assembly with Calculated Waterless Wet Bulb using Humidity Sensor (QT-44 and QT-46) includes (1) sensor bar containing a Calculated Waterless Wet Bulb, Dry Bulb, Globe Temperature & Humidity (%RH) sensors.
– Sensor Bar Assembly with Calculated Waterless Wet Bulb using Replaceable RH Sensor (QT-48N) includes (1) sensor bar containing a Calculated Waterless Wet Bulb, Dry Bulb, Globe Temperature & Humidity (%RH) sensors.
– Three Sensor Bar Assembly with Calculated Waterless Wet Bulb using Humidity Sensor (QT-44 and QT-46) includes (3) sensor bars, (1) tripod with brackets & rods, and (2) 6 ft. extension cables for mounting sensor bars & monitor for head, torso & ankle measurements.
QT-44 HEAT STRESS MONITOR
QT-46 HEAT STRESS MONITOR
QT-46-3 TRI-SENSOR KIT
QT-48N HEAT STRESS MONITOR
Accessories and Replacement Parts
053-287 DIGITAL ORAL THERMOMETER
053-288 DIGITAL ORAL THERM. SHEATHS
EAR INSERTS Foam EAR Inserts (50 per bag)
EARLOOPS-QT EARLOOPS for QT-II
058-867 IBM INPUT CABLE ASBLY-
056-904 CARRYING CASE, 5 PK QT-II
056-906 QT-II CARRYING CASE ASSY
QT-NMH-120 QTEMP 120V NIMH BATT & CHARGER
QT-NMH-220 QTEMP 220V NIMH BATT & CHARGER
056-630 BATTERY PACK, NIMH, QT30
015-910 Universal Power Supply 120V/9V 1A MIN
015-680 Kit Universal Power Supply 220V/9V 1AMin
056-679 KIT, HEAT STRESS WICKING
056-068 BOTTLE, 2 OZ.
057-333 QT-48N NECK STRAP
QT3X-BC QT-3X REPLACEMENT BATT COVER
QT3X-DBS QT HSM DRY BULB SHIELD KIT
053-923 Assy, Heat Stress Verification Module
100-452 75% CALIBRATION SALT BOTTLE
100-451 33% CALIBRATION SALT BOTTLE
059-045 Tripod, SUNPAK 4200XL
056-794 ASSY-SENSOR BAR W/O HUMIDITY
056-795 QT3X SENSOR BAR ASSEMBLY W/HUM.
056-780 ASSY SENSOR BAR 6″GLB W/HUM.
057-902 QT4X SENSOR BAR ASSY W/HUM
057-909 ASSY, QT 48N, SENSOR BAR
053-924 ASSY-CABLE 6FT CUSTOM SCREW
053-925 ASSY-CABLE 25FT CUSTOM SCREW
053-926 ASSY CABLE 100FT CUSTOM SCREW
053-927 ASSY CABLE 200FT CUSTOM SCREW
056-875 ASSY, ACTIVE PARALLEL CABLE
054-715 ASSY-ACTDIN SERIAL INTERFACE
053-922 AIRMOLD KIT – HEATSTRESS
053-947 ASSY, QUESTEMP KIT / 6″ GLOBE
053-939 ASSY-3-SENSOR CASE
053-946 ASSY, 3-SENSOR KIT / 6″ GLOBES
AIRPROBE-120 AIR PROBE-9 AIR FLOW SEN/120V
053-037 CHARGER 120VAC BLACK & DECKER
053-039 3.6V NIMH Battery