Now obsolete replacement here.
The Micronics Portaflow 330 is a portable ultrasonic clamp-on flow meter with non-invasive transducers accommodating different pipe sizes. Installed on the outside of a pipe, flow readings are obtained without penetration of the pipe wall or insertion into the flow system. Operations can continue without shutting off flow or draining the system, avoiding potential fluid contamination and exposure to the liquid that could be toxic or corrosive.
The PF330 displays data in text or graph format, showing flow rate, total flow, signal and battery level: an integrated data logger stores 200,000 data points and up to 20 named recording blocks. Parameters for a specific site can be stored and recalled on a further visit, saving time. RS 232/USB ports and Portagraph Software supplied allow stored data to be downloaded.
A quick start menu makes PF330 installation fast and simple. No additional fittings or modification of existing equipment is required. Outputs include a 4-20mA or pulse output, proportional to the detected flow rate, allowing communications with external control devices used for building management or plant monitoring.
- Flow Range – 0.1m/sec to 20m/sec bi-directional depending on pipe size
- Display – 64 x 240 pixels graphic display
- Programming via 16 key control panel
- User-adjustable data storage, 5 seconds to 1-hour intervals
- Battery or mains operation rechargeable battery
- Battery Life – 20 hours from fully charged, depending on load
- Power – 110 – 240VAC +/-10% supply via PSU
- Accuracy Pipe ID 13-75mm – ±3% of flow reading for flow rate >0.2m/s
- Accuracy Pipe ID > 75mm – ±0.5% to ±2% of flow reading for flow rate >0.2m/s
- Ten selectable languages, including English, German, French, Spanish and Russian
- CE approved
- A Transducers in mounting rail:– 13mm OD to 115mm OD pipes
- B Transducers in mounting rail:– 50mm OD to 2000mm OD pipes
- Optional Transducers: – D for pipes > 1500mm up to 5000mm
- Transducer Operating Temperature: A & B -20°C to +135°C. D -20°C to +80°C. High-temperature version A & B -20°C to +200°C
- Outputs:– 0/4 –20mA; RS 232/USB; 5v pulse @ 1 pulse/sec max
- Size: 26.4 x 16.8 x 5.0 cm. Weight 1.1 kg (including battery)
- Packed shipping dimensions: 43 x 36 x 22 cm. Weight 7.5kg
- Customs tariff number 9026102190
Suitable for clean liquids or oils that have less than 3% by volume of particulate content. Applications include river water, seawater, potable water, demineralised water, glycol/water mix, hydraulic systems and diesel oil.
Pipe Materials: Any sonic conducting media such as Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper, UPVC, PVDF, Concrete, Galvanised Steel, Mild Steel, Glass and Brass. Including lined pipes – Epoxy, Rubber, Steel, Plastic, Glass and Concrete. Pipe wall thickness 1 mm – 75 mm. Lining thickness up to 25 mm.