The Oldham MX 43 by Teledyne is a flexible gas detection system controller continuously monitoring, measuring and controlling gas hazards, conforming to functional safety performance level 1 standard. The MX 43 manages both digital lines and analogue channels. Incorporating digital technology allows up to 32 detectors to be distributed on eight lines or 16 detectors across four lines.
Featuring a multi-language LCD backlit display, customisable by the user, 1 to 16 channels can be viewed simultaneously. Access to operation menus is by five smart keys, with one audible alarm accept/reset button.
An optional 4GB USB module provides two years of storage or eighteen months for a controller equipped with 32 detectors. The user can set sampling rates from 2 seconds to 15 minutes, recording in real-time all events (alarms, faults, alarm resets, calibration). The USB allows firmware updates and controller configuration.
Com 43 software enables controller programming, compatible with any MX 43 controllers already in use. Controller parameters are configured on a PC and transferred to the MX 43 using a USB cable. Full functions can be accessed:
- Configuration of measurement channels
- Simplified relay programming
- Up to 5 on-board functions: OR, AND, NOR, NAND, VOTING
- Advanced management of audible alarms with timer options (holding time, automatic acknowledgement, reactivation, evacuation)
- Graphic display for easy relay programming
- Copy-paste function saving time by preventing programming errors from one sensor to the next
- Verification/validation feature to avoid programming errors
- Access pre-programmed gas monitor library according to industry standards
Benefits and features
- Digital inputs up to eight, RS485, 9600 baud and Analogue inputs up to eight, 4 to 20 mA for measurement
- Buzzer 77dB @ 30cm
- Ingress protection IP55 (wall-mounted), IP31 (rack)
- Two extra MOSFET outputs for driving the audible and visual alarms
- Five programmable events per detector (1 to 3 alarms, underscale, overscale) and fault event
- Front panel LEDs allows for a quick and basic overview of the installation
- Remote modules (cost savings on wiring installation)
- Up to 32 fully programmable relays (OR, AND, NAND, NOR, Voting functions)
- EMC, according to EN50270
- MED, according to directive 96/98/EC.
- ATEX, EN50271 and metrological performances according to EN60079-29-1
- CSA, pending
- SIL1 certified to IEC/EN 61508 and EN 50402 functional safety standards