The Oldham BM25 Gas Detector is an area monitor that can detect up to five gases; flammable, oxygen and toxic gases can be monitored simultaneously. Pre-calibrated smart sensors can be swapped, providing versatility for deployment in various applications. Multiple units can be daisy-chained to provide broad area coverage using alarm transfer kits 25m, 50m or 100m; if gas is detected by one BM25, all connected units alarm. Alternatively, a wireless BM25 dispenses the need for cabling using a 2.4GHz signal.
Switch the BM25 on, and it automatically adds to an existing wireless mesh network. The connection is peer-to-peer, with no hierarchy, forming a virtual net allowing each detector on the network to transmit, receive and relay information. The MX 40 controller gives the operator wireless network access to perform alarm resets and view the status of detectors and readings. The data is automatically re-routed if a detector goes down or is removed for charging or maintenance. If an obstruction inhibits the line of sight signal, other detectors in the group will continue to operate, and the network will self-heal when the obstacle is removed.
The following gases can be detected: Combustible Gases, Methane, Propane, Butane, Isobutane, LPG, Ethanol, Pentane, Oxygen, Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen Sulfide, Hydrogen, Sulfur Dioxide, Chlorine, Nitrogen Dioxide, Nitric Oxide, Hydrogen Chloride, Hydrogen Cyanide, Ammonia, Phosphine, Arsine, Silane, Ethylene Oxide, Carbon Dioxide, Isobutylene, Fluorhydric Acid, Ozone, Phosgene, Chlorine Dioxide and Hydrazine.
- Standalone or multiple detector operation
- Backlit graphic liquid crystal display
- Pumped versions available
- Infrared sensors for certain gases
- Wireless communication distance: 0.6 mile/1000m line of sight
- Alarms: Visual 360 and audible siren (103 dB @ 1m)
- Four months of data storage, when memory is full, the oldest data is overwritten
- Ingress Protection IP66
- STEL and TWA values
- Power (run time) up to 170 hours, 135 hours wireless
- Up to 30 BM25 detectors on a single network
- If overturned, product design ensures sensors are not blocked and will still read
- Recharge time 4.5 hours
- Safe trickle charger for longer-term monitoring in classified zones
- Global approvals
- By Teledyne, Oldham, GMI. Historic brand Industrial Scientific
- Size: 470 x 180 x 190 mm (16.7 x 7.1 x 7.5”). Weight: 6.8 kg (15 lbs)
Suitable for temporary gas detection work, perimeter monitoring, or areas where fixed gas detectors cannot be installed.
Each BM 25 Transportable Area Monitor comes with an instruction manual, charger with universal power cord, calibration adapter and maintenance tool.