Neotronics Impulse X4 is now no longer manufactured the replacement is the Honeywell BW Microclip XL.
The Impulse X4, formerly a portable four gas monitor for detecting Flammable, Oxygen, Carbon Monoxide and Hydrogen Sulphide. 14 – 16 hours operation was possible with 2 x AA Alkaline battery version or 12 hours of operation with rechargeable NiMH batteries.
Four gases could be displayed simultaneously, by an icon-driven backlit LCD showing gas readings, detector status, time and date. High/Low Peak hold facility was also included. The screen had a flip feature, proving functionality to rotate the display to suit how the detector is worn. Operation was shown by a periodic flash and or beep, user-configurable.
Data could be logged using a small memory card; the software was supplied free by download. Events, gas concentrations and the calibration details were stored. A choice of models was available, one, two, three or gas variants. Designed to be resistant to radio frequency interference. The detector also ran a self-test on startup or manually ran checking display, battery, sensor, and alarms.
- Alarms: Two-tone audible alarm 90db @ 30cm, visual red LEDs combined with red backlight and vibrating
- Built-in temperature compensation
- SureCellTM sensor technology and ReflexTM cell check technique
- Sensors guaranteed for two years
- Instrument warranty two years
- Shock resistant
- Ingress protection IP65
- Operating Temperature -20°C to +50°C
- Size 124mm (H) X 76mm (W) X 36mm (D), 210g without batteries