The Kane 458s flue gas analyser measures Carbon Dioxide 0-20% using an infrared sensor and Carbon Monoxide 0-2000ppm. Oxygen is calculated at 0-21%. Differential temperature and differential pressure are also read, designed for the domestic gas heating engineer for installing and servicing oil or gas boilers.
Operated by a rotary dial with parameters shown on a six-line display. Purge pump protection prevents accidental damage to the CO sensor. The structured commissioning test follows TB143 without manually having to select the steps. Ambient CO leakage can also be monitored.
A data hold feature captures a snapshot of screen results by freezing, and data is stored. The Kane 458s can measure combustion efficiency, CO/CO2 ratio, pressure, let by and tightness, commission testing and flue draft.
Suitable for the following fuel types; Natural gas Propane, Butane, Biomass, LPG, Light Oils (28/35 sec), Wood Pellets, Town Gas, Coke Gas, Bio-Oil, Bio Gas & 5 user-defined fuels.
Tested to EN50379, BS7967 and Technical Bulletin 143.
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) 0-20%. Resolution is 0.01% below 1% measured value
- Carbon monoxide (CO) 0-2,000ppm, over 2000ppm purge pump operates
- Hydrogen (H2 ) ready – up to 20% blend
- Flue temperature 0-600°C, inlet temperature (internal sensor)0-50°C, inlet temperature (external sensor) 0-600°C
- Differential pressure (±80mbar)
- Flue draught
- Sensor life five years
- Magnetic back for mounting
- Task light
- Warranty ten years when serviced via Kane
- Oxygen (O2) 0-21%
- CO/CO2 ratio 0-0.999
- Combustion efficiency
- Excess air
- NOx (option)
- 60 Combustion tests
- 20 Pressure tests
- 20 Tightness tests
- 20 Temperature tests
- 20 Room CO tests
- 20 Commissioning tests
- Temperature 0°C to ±45°C, 10% to 90% RH non-condensing
- Battery life >8 hours using 4 Alkaline AA cells. Chargers (optional) 100-240v charger, for NiMH batteries only; 12v in-vehicle charger
- Handset 200 x 45 x 90mm, weight 0.8kg handset with rubber cover
- Probe details; length 300mm including handle, 6mm diameter x 240mm long stainless steel shaft with 2m long neoprene hose. Type K thermocouple
Factory Fitted Options
- High range CO sensor (0-10000ppm)
- NO sensor (0-600ppm)
- O2 sensor (0-21%)
- KANEIRP-2 infra-red printer
- Pressure connectors
- USB charger
- Quick reference guide & analyser calibration certificate
KANE458s Flue gas analyser includes. Wireless module with direct CO2 measurement & CO sensor ‘over-range’ protection.
KANE458s KIT Flue gas analyser includes. Wireless module with direct CO2 measurement & CO sensor ‘over-range’ protection, KANEIRP-2 infra-red printer, charger & carry case.
KANE458s PRO-KIT Flue gas analyser includes. Wireless module with direct CO2 measurement & CO sensor ‘over-range’ protection, KANEIRP-2 infra-red printer, charger, carry case, GLD/450plus, KAL1, pressure hose & 2 x KPCP clamp-on pipe probes.
KANE458s CPA1 Flue gas analyser includes. Wireless module with direct CO2 measurement & CO sensor ‘over-range’ protection, KANEIRP-2 infra-red printer, charger, GLD/450plus, KAL1, pressure hose, 2 x KPCP clamp-on pipe probes, ASP2, 12v charger & large carry bag.
KANE458s OIL KIT Boiler analyser includes. Wireless module c/w NO sensor, KANEIRP-2 infra-red printer, charger, manual smoke pump, 0-300psi gauge, manifold, compound gauge, hose, adapters & large carry bag.