The Kane 457 is a combined ambient and flue gas analyser. Ideal for investigating incidents of fumes smells or combustion leakage in domestic premises as per CMDDA1. Suitable for commercial catering and light industrial applications. For boiler installation, testing catering appliances, flueless gas fires and radiant industrial heaters.
CO2 is measured directly by an infrared sensor in % volume and ppm. Carbon Monoxide is measured with a long life sensor, reducing ongoing ownership costs. Differential temperature and differential pressure are also measured. Operation is by a rotary switch with parameters shown on a four-line display. The internal pump has an off switch to preserve battery life.
Datalogging is included with options to download results wirelessly or send to an infrared printer. The Kane 457 measures combustion efficiency, CO/CO2 ratio, pressure, let by and tightness, commission testing and flue draft.
Suitable for the following fuel types; Natural gas Propane, Butane, LPG, Light Oils (28/35 sec) and Wood Pellets.
Replaces Kane 455 model, adding the functionality of ambient safety monitoring without needing a separate instrument.
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) 0-20%. CO2 ppm 0-10,000ppm. Resolution is 0.1%, accuracy reading ±0.3%
- Carbon monoxide (CO) 0-2,000ppm normal, 4,000ppm maximum for 15 minutes
- Flue temperature 0-600°C, inlet temperature (internal sensor)0-50°C, inlet temperature (external sensor) 0-600°C
- Differential pressure (±80mbar)
- Flue draught
- Sensor life five years
- Magnetic back for mounting
- Task light
- Tested to EN50379, EN50543. Use for BS7967, BS8494, TB143, CMDDA1 & COMCAT
- Oxygen 0-21%
- CO/CO2 ratio 0-0.999
- Combustion efficiency
- Excess air
- 99 Combustion tests
- 20 Pressure tests
- 20 Tightness tests
- 20 Temperature tests
- 20 Room CO tests
- 20 Ambient tests
- up to 240 times tests (one sequence only)
- Temperature 0°C to 40°C, 10% to 90% RH non-condensing
- Battery life >8 hours using 4 Alkaline AA cells. Chargers (optional) 100-240v charger, for NiMH batteries only; 12v in-vehicle charger
- Handset 200 x 45 x 90mm, weight 0.8kg handset with rubber cover
- Probe details; length 300mm including handle, 6mm diameter x 240mm long stainless steel shaft with 3m long neoprene hose. Type K thermocouple
Kane 457 Analyser Only: Includes; boiler analyser, probe, pressure connectors, charger, spare PF400 filter, connection spigot, water trap, manual & calibration certificate.
Kane 457 Standard Kit: Includes; all of above and adds; KANE IRP-2 Infra-red printer & carry bag.
Kane 457 PRO Kit: Includes; all of the Standard Kit above and adds GLD/450plus gas leak detector, KAL1 air-liquid temperature probe, pressure hose & 2 x KPCP clamp-on pipe temperature probes and carry bag.
KANE 457 CPA1 Kit: Includes; all of the PRO Kit above and adds ASP2 appliance sampling probe kit, 12v in-vehicle charger, in a large carry bag.
KANE 457 COM-CAT KIT Includes; KANEIRP-2 infra-red printer, charger, DAFM3 digital air flow meter & carry case.
KANE 457 CMDDA1 KIT Flue gas & ambient air analyser, KANEIRP-2 infra-red printer, charger, KANE77 personal CO alarm/monitor with digital display & CPS1 room test probe stand with large carry bag.
For data transmission to PC using KANE LIVE software or print out data to a mobile device, using the free Kane printer app.