The Honeywell FT-2145 Test Lamp will only activate Fire Sentry Corporation SS2, SS3, and SS4 Detectors and the Model SF16 Detector and will not activate other manufacturers’ UV/IR flame detectors.
Other manufacturers’ UV/IR test lamps should not be used to test Fire Sentry Corporation Flame Detectors because Fire Sentry Detectors are designed to reject pulsing test lights as false alarm sources.
Rechargeable batteries power this portable indoor/outdoor test lamp and replaces the obsolete Model FT-2045 Test Lamp. Smaller, lighter, and more compact than the FT-2045 and features plug-in user-replaceable parts for long operational life.
- Source Output Energy: The ultraviolet (UV) source bulb and gold-plated infrared (IR) reflector lamp generate modulated radiant spectral energy in UV and IR wavelengths, causing the Detector to ALARM.
- Weight and Size: 4.81 in. diameter x 4.40 in. high and 4 pounds (approx.).
- Housing: Copper-free aluminium (less than 0.4%) with powder-coated paint finish. FM-Approved Explosion-Proof, Class I, Div. 1 & 2, Groups B, C, D; Class II, Div. 1 & 2, Groups E, F, & G, and Class III, NEMA 3, 4 Weatherproof, Tamper-Resistant.
- Temperature Range: -40 to +85 C, (-40 to +185 F) Operating and Storage.
- Electrical Connections: To recharge the Test Lamp’s internal 12 VDC battery pack, unscrew the top housing cover and connect the AC/DC wall converter supplied by Fire Sentry Corporation.
- Warranty: One year from the date of purchase
- Duty Tariff Code: 85131000. Country of Origin: United States
- Battery Recharging – Recharge the internal battery pack with Fire Sentry’s Part No. PSU-15 100 – 240 VAC wall charger includes worldwide interchangeable receptacle plugs. A fully charged battery pack should typically test up to 20 Detectors.
- FOV Reduction – To reduce the Tester’s radiated field-of-view (FOV) for selectively testing Detectors, secure one cylindrical tube around the Tester’s front lid. Lengthening the tube correspondingly reduces the Test Lamp’s radiated energy field of view.
- CAUTION – When the UV source bulb is on, it glows with a faint bluish-green light in the visible and relatively intense invisible UV in the 180 to 240 nm spectral band. Do NOT stare directly at the UV bulb for prolonged periods since it produces invisible short-band UV energy. Wear glasses or protective goggles for prolonged observation of any UV source, such as an arc welder, mercury vapour lamp, quartz-halogen lamp, etc.
- Replaceable Parts – The IR gold-plated reflector lamp, UV source bulb, and nickel-metal hydride battery pack are user-replaceable plug-in parts.
FT-2145 UV/IR Test Lamp with universal charger (FM & ATEX approval)
LAMP-3135-0002 IR Test Lamp Bulb
TN2-MOD-PIL UV Test Lamp Bulb + Fixture