Emergency evacuation breathing apparatus Honeywell’s Bio-S-Cape is designed to provide respiratory protection during an escape, in toxic or oxygen-deficient environments, according to standard EN1146.
Self-contained, open-circuit emergency evacuation breathing apparatus, operating with high pressure compressed air reserve. The apparatus supplies the user with breathing air at a continuous flow rate. The high pressure of compressed air from the cylinder is reduced to medium pressure by the pressure reducing valve, then feeding air at a constant flow rate into the hood. This continuous flow rate is set and maintains a slight overpressure in the hood eliminating any risk of inhaling toxic gases. The elastomeric seal keeps the hood fully sealed at the neck. The inner half-mask keeps the lens free of fog and minimises the empty space in the hood.
The Bio-S-Cape is contained in a carrying bag, when opened, automatically triggers the supply of breathable air from the cylinder. The self-inflating cushion at the neck flattens the interior half-mask and adjusts it automatically. This system allows the hood to fit securely over the head, offering greater respiratory comfort and leaving the hands free during donning, ensuring the highest level of safety. An alarm whistle indicates when the air supply is about to run out. Steel or Composite cylinder version available.
- Carrying bag is durable P.V.C. (orange), quick opening, fluorescent strips, safety seal, large window, liquid accumulation reduction system
- Neck seal synthetic, non-allergenic soft rubber with a tear-resistant design
- Lens with a wide field of vision – without optical distortion
- Reducer triggered when opening the bag; including an integrated EN charging plug
- Dimensions 500 x 160 x 180 mm (19.7 x 6.3x 7.1″)
- Pressure in use 200 bars
- Operating temperature -15°C/60°C
- Oil and Gas
- Confined Space
- Gas, Vapors, Smoke
- EN 1146:2005
- ISO 23269-1:2008
1815732 Bio-S-Cape with 3L 200 bar steel air cylinder (empty) – 15 minutes
1815746 Bio-S-Cape with 3L 200 bar composite air cylinder (empty) – 15 minutes
1815713 Bio-S-Cape with 2L 200 bar steel air cylinder (empty) – 10 minutes
1815744 Wall mounted storage box for Bio-S-Cape