The ABB Furse ESP 240 M1 is a single phase surge protector, type one, two and three combined in compliance with IEC 61643-11, designed to protect against over-voltage transients caused by lightning and electrical switching events. With a small footprint, it is usually fitted at a distribution board location or mains incomer.
Protection for electrical assets such as office equipment or appliances is provided by diverting damaging overvoltages harmlessly to earth while allowing continued operation of equipment. The multi transient capability allows repeated use without replacement.
The ESP 240 M1 is capable of deployment in LPZ 0 zone, where the risk of a full or partial lightning surge current is present. Also can be used in LPZ 3 areas where surge current is limited by sharing and isolating interfaces or other surge protection devices.
Housed in steel, the unit has a display indicating health. An individual light is provided for each phase and neutral. Green means full protection, red and green indicates diminishing protection, red indicates to replace the unit. No lights indicate power loss or system fault.
Built-in components allow removal of the surge arrestor from faulty supplies without detriment. Warnings on wiring errors, earthing issues, power down or fuses are blown are detected by a voltage free contact. These warnings can be fed to a building control system, alarm or light.
ESP 240 M1 has network rail approval: PA05/02700 and PA05/01832
Suitable for domestic and commercial use.
Enclosure part: WBX 3
- Working voltage: 200-280 V
- Total discharge current to earth 12.5 kA
- Notification of future failure
- Screw clamp connection
- Type of low voltage distribution system: TN, TT
- Rated frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Discharge current: Nominal 20 kA, I (max, 8 / 20 µs) 40 kA
- Maximum continuous operating voltage (Uc):280 V
- Nominal AC voltage of the system (Uo):240 V
- Short circuit withstand Icc: 25 kA
- Operation temperature -40 to +80 °C
- Temporary overvoltage test value (UT):350 V
- Voltage protection level ( Up):600 V
- Wire stripping length: 17 mm
- Ingress protection IP20
- EAN number: 5414363086321
- Customs Tariff Number: 8536908085
- Size height:180 mm, width 60 mm depth 73 mm. Weight: 0.6kg