Endecotts woven wire mesh sieves are the most widely used test sieves for laboratory sampling and particle size analysis.
They are made with only the highest quality materials and are available in diameter sizes of 100, 200, 300, 400 or 450 mm and in 3, 8*, 12 or 18 inches.
Woven wire mesh sieves can be supplied with mesh sizes ranging from 125 mm to 20 microns in full and half-height versions.
They are available in frame materials of either stainless steel or brass (200, 300mm and 8″).
There are some differences in the properties of stainless steel and brass sieves, while stainless steel is usually superior. The price is the same for both brass and stainless steel sieves.
Stainless Steel test sieves are constructed of stainless steel frame (AISI 304) and stainless steel woven wire mesh (either AISI 304 or 316):
- More durable
- Non-corrosive properties are not altered by water
- Preferable for wet sieving, food applications, aggregates, mining, pharmaceuticals etc.
- Required for large diameters: 315 mm, 350mm, 400mm, 450mm & 18″
Brass test sieves are constructed of brass frame (Cu: Zn) and stainless steel woven wire mesh (either AISI 304 or 316):
- Were more cost-efficient
- Less durable
- Only very few applications where brass is chosen over stainless steel
- In some markets, brass frame sieves are primarily requested due to tradition (South America, for instance)
At Endecotts, every single test sieve is individually manufactured under the most stringent quality control procedures using only the finest materials. We use the most advanced computer scanning techniques to ensure precise test sieve apertures. Our skill and experience ensure you will not only receive a test sieve that looks and feels good but one that offers a degree of accuracy second to none. The full range of sieves available is detailed here.
- The precision frame (ensures consistent nestability)
- Precise aperture (in accordance with ISO 3310-1, ASTM E11 or other specifications)
- Natural fillet (free-flowing of the sample)
- Sealed (no crevice to lose material)
- Evenly tensioned mesh (ensures accurate analysis)
- Safe edge (big radius makes it comfortable to handle)
- Serial number (ensures full traceability)
|Type of mesh||woven wire|
|Diameter||100 / 200* / 300* / 400 / 450 mm
3 / 8* / 12 / 18 inches
|Mesh sizes||125 mm – 20 µm|
|Frame material||stainless steel / *brass|
|Mesh material||stainless steel|
|Height||full and half (200 / 300 mm
8 / 12 inches) height version