The Drager Polytron 5200 CAT is a continuous monitor for flammable gases and vapours using a catalytic sensor (0-100% LEL). Available housed in Epoxy coated copper-free aluminium or SS316 stainless steel for extreme environments. A protection type “e” version includes a convenient docking station that allows installation in hazardous atmospheres without running conduit.
The DD catalytic bead sensor has been developed for fast response and long-term zero stability. An option for a low concentration sensor (LC) is available.
Relay options allow operation as a standalone system, capable of activating alarms/warning equipment without a separate controller. Two configurable gas concentration alarms and one fault alarm are included.
A Backlit graphic LCD with three LEDs for status provides easy to understand traffic light status codes; Green, yellow and red. Gas readings are shown during operation. Non-intrusive access to the menus is possible using the magnet wand.
- Operating temperature -40 to 70°C
- Three-wire 4-20mA analogue output ensures controller pairing
- Remote flammable sensor option up to 30 metres (100 feet) lone worker calibration possible from the transmitter
- Simple three-button interface
- LC sensor option can also provide advanced warning of Ammonia
- A Duct mount kit provides gas measurement inside ventilation ducts
- Explosion-proof/flameproof suitable for use in hazardous areas
- Approvals; ATEX, UL, CSA & IECEx
All docking station versions are ATEX/IECEx approved. Custom part number 8344500 can be used for Stainless Steel and LC configurations.
8344150 Aluminum DD, formerly 4544150
8344152 SS316 DD, formerly 4544152
8344130 Aluminum LC, formerly 4544130
8344132 SS316 LC, formerly 4544132
8344151 Aluminum DD, formerly 4544151
8344153 SS316 DD formerly 4544153
8344131 Aluminum LC, formerly 4544131
8344133 SS316 LC, formerly 4544133
E Versions increased safety, inclusive of a docking station
8344154 Aluminum DD
8344155 Aluminum DD