The Xgard Type 6 is an Exd Flameproof gas detector using a thermal conductivity sensor within an Xgard enclosure, which also contains an amplifier to provide a 3-wire 4-20mA sink or source output. Operating temperature +10 to +55°C. Designed to detect % vol. levels of gas in binary mixtures.
Suitable for use with a range of cable glands; M20 or 1/2″ NPT or 3/4″ NPT. There is a choice of housing; durable aluminium with a tough polyester coating, or 316 stainless steel suitable for deployment in extreme environments, such as offshore or in heavy industry- corrosion resistant.
Units can be installed on walls or ceilings, with three junction box choices—replacement sensors plugin. Accessories are available for duct mounting, sampling applications and remote gassing – simple sensor checking. In wash down areas or marine applications, splash guards and weatherproof caps are available.
- For Hydrogen (H2) 0-5%, 10%, 50% vv (in air) 0-20%, 25%, 30%, 50% vv (H2 in N2)
- Argon (Ar) or Carbon dioxide (CO2) detection please enquire
- Simple install and maintenance, common spares for all Xgard types, minimise inventory
- Validated to IEC 61508 (SIL 1 to SIL 3)
- Ingress protection IP65
- Response time T90 <15s (typical)
- Global approvals ATEX/ IECEx UL, INMETRO & GOST-R
- Size 156 x 166 x 111mm (6.1 x 6.5 x 4.3 inches)
- Weight Aluminium 1kg. Stainless steel: 3.1kg