The Xgard Type 3 is an Exd Flameproof flammable gas detector using a poison resistant pellistor within an Xgard enclosure, which also contains the terminals to provide a 3-wire mV Wheatstone Bridge output. Operating temperature -40 to +80°C. Can be connected directly to Crowcon Gasmaster and Gasmonitor, an Accessory Enclosure accessory is required for connection to 4-20mA type control systems such as Vortex.
Suitable for use with a range of cable glands; M20 or 1/2″ NPT or 3/4″ NPT. There is a choice of housing; durable aluminium with a tough polyester coating, or 316 stainless steel suitable for deployment in extreme environments, such as offshore or in heavy industry- corrosion resistant.
Units can be installed on walls or ceilings, with three junction box choices—replacement sensors plugin. Accessories are available for duct mounting, sampling applications and remote gassing – simple sensor checking. In wash down areas or marine applications, splash guards and weatherproof caps are available.
- Simple install and maintenance, common spares for all Xgard types, minimise inventory
- Validated to IEC 61508 (SIL 1 to SIL 3)
- Ingress protection IP65
- Response time T90 <15s (typical)
- Global approvals ATEX/ IECEx UL, INMETRO & GOST-R
- Size 156 x 166 x 111 mm (6.1 x 6.5 x 4.3 inches)
- Weight Aluminium 1kg & Stainless Steel 3.1kg