The Xgard Type 2 is an Exd Flameproof toxic and oxygen gas detector using an electrochemical sensor within an Xgard enclosure, which also contains the amplifier/transmitter to provide a 2-wire 4 to 20mA sink output. Operating temperature -20 to +50°C (range varies for some sensor types).
Suitable for use with a range of cable glands; M20 or 1/2″ NPT or 3/4″ NPT. There is a choice of housing; durable aluminium with a tough polyester coating, or 316 stainless steel suitable for deployment in extreme environments, such as offshore or in heavy industry- corrosion resistant.
Units can be installed on walls or ceilings, with three junction box choices—replacement sensors plugin. Accessories are available for duct mounting, sampling applications and remote gassing – simple sensor checking. In wash down areas or marine applications, splash guards and weatherproof caps are available.
- Simple install and maintenance, common spares for all Xgard types, minimise inventory
- Validated to IEC 61508 (SIL 1 to SIL 3)
- Ingress protection IP65
- Response time T90 <15s Oxygen. T90 <30s to 120s Toxic
- Global approvals ATEX/ IECEx UL, INMETRO & GOST-R
- Size 156 x 166 x 111 mm (6.1 x 6.5 x 4.3 inches)
- Weight Aluminium 1kg & Stainless Steel 3.1kg