The Xgard Bright is a versatile platform offering flammable, toxic gas detection and oxygen monitoring while providing ease of operation and reduced installation costs.
Providing analogue 4-20mA and RS-485 Modbus signals as standard, Xgard Bright comes with an Alarm and Fault relay as standard as well as optional HART communications.
Lowering the cost of installation, the 4-wire addressable implementation drastically reduces cabling requirements. The large OLED display allows users to quickly work with Xgard Bright during install, calibration and routine maintenance without the need to open the housing or needing a hot-work permit.
Xgard Bright is ATEX and IECEx Ex II 2G db IIC T6 Gb flameproof certified for use in Zone 1 or 2 hazardous gas areas and Ex II 2D tb IIIC T80°C Db approved for use in Zone 21 or 22 hazardous dust areas. A safe area version is available.
Suitable for use with a range of cable glands with two M20 (stopping plug fitted to the left-side entry) or 1/2 NPT insert. The housing is durable Aluminium alloy.
- Low power requirement (~3W max) – Reducing site-wide power consumption
- IP65 or IP66 rating (with weatherproof cap) – Allows use in areas subject to regular wash downs or exposed environments
- Outputs; 4-20mA current sink or source. RS-485 Modbus RTU
Ease of installation and operation
- Addressable – using RS-485 Modbus. Reduces the amount of cabling needed for multi-point installations
- Illuminated organic light-emitting diode local display shows gas readings and status. A high contrast ratio allows use in low light conditions
- Non-intrusive calibration – No need to open the cover
- Plug-in type terminal blocks, making wiring quick & easy
- Testing and Configuration via a magnetic key. Limits time spent in a hazardous area
- Approvals ATEX/ IECEx
- EMC Compliance EN50270: 2015
- Size 156 x 166 x 109mm (6.1 x 6.5 x 4.3inch)
- Weight 1kg (2.2lbs)
Gases and Ranges
|Oxygen (O2)||%Vol||30||25||19 (falling)||17 (falling)||-20 to +50|
|Carbon Monoxide (CO)||PPM||1000||250||30||200||-30 to +50|
|Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)||PPM||100/200||25||5||10||-30 to +50|
|Hydrogen (H2)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-40 to +75|
|Methane (CH4)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-40 to +75|
|Pentane (C5H12)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-40 to +75|
|LPG||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-40 to +75|
|Carbon Dioxide (CO2)||%VOL||0-5%||0-5%||0-2%||0-3%||-20 to +50|
|PID (VOC) – Safe Area||PPM||1000||1000||30||50||-20 to +50|
|InfraRed Methane (CH4)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-40 to +75|
|InfraRed Propane (C3H8)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-40 to +75|
|Ammonia (NH3) – Safe Area||PPM||100/1000||50||25||25||-20 to +40|
|Chlorine (CL2) – Safe Area||PPM||10||5||1||3||-20 to +40|
|Ozone (O3) – Safe Area||PPM||1||1||0.1||0.2||-20 to +40|
|Sulphur Dioxide (SO2) – Safe Area||PPM||100||10||1||1||-30 to +50|
|InfraRed Butane (C4H10)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-40 to +75|
|Infra Red Pentane (C5H12)||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-40 to +75|
|InfraRed LPG||%LEL||100||100||20||40||-20 to +55|