There are five Crowcon Vortex panel options available.
Operated by push buttons on the front panel. The Vortex controller can be factory set to your requirements. Customisation after installation is also possible using Panels Pro software. Suitable for even complex sites, without needing extensive cabling.
A control panel for monitoring one to twelve gas detectors, three zones may alternatively be configured for smoke/heat detectors. The versatile modular system is available with up to 32 programmable relays. Includes gas level display, battery back-up, internal alarm, one-person calibration feature, RS-485 Modbus communications, event logging and PC software for configuration and monitoring. Available in wall mount, 19″ rack-mount or panel mounting formats.
Inputs for 4-20 mA and conventional fire detectors only. An accessory enclosure (mV to mA converter) is required to connect Xgard Type 3 or Xgard Type 4 detectors.
Relay modules will be configured as follows unless advised otherwise on order:
Relay 1 – Alarm 1 (all detectors)
Relay 2 – Alarm 2 (all detectors)
A standalone unit for surface mounting on walls, the display panel shows the fault and alarm levels for all the channels, but the LEDs only light when a hazard or fault is detected. This means the whole system can be checked at a glance. Setting adjustments can be made at the enclosure without the need for additional equipment.
Panel mounted: Vortex Panel
For fitting into an existing panel or door and offering a wide range of PSU and battery options.
19-inch rack-mounted: Vortex Rack
A flexible option where modules, PSU and batteries can be supplied separately for fitting within an existing 19-inch enclosure, permitting multi-rack systems to be created.
ATEX Zone 1 and Zone 2 certified control systems, with IP66 ingress protection. Unlike many other flameproof systems, all day-to-day operations can be undertaken without opening the enclosure, using magnetic switches removing the need for hot work permits. Capable of accommodating up to 4 intrinsically safe (I.S.) barriers for interfacing with I.S. detectors and alarms.
Vortex FP Compact
Not every location can accommodate a Vortex FP unit, so when space is restricted. Vortex FP Compact is an ideal choice. With up to 16 output relays. Intrinsically safe barriers for interface with I.S. detectors and alarms must be housed in a separate enclosure.
Channels and display
- 1 to 12 channels (including 3 for fire) – up to 12 devices can be monitored by reviewing just one control panel, saving time and manpower
- Each channel has one fault level and three-alarm levels which can be combined in any pattern to trigger up to 32 output relays – flexibility built-in, initially configured to suit your operational needs, then channels/alarms are easily customised by you if requirements change
- LED display panel lights – faults are easily seen, and the whole system can be checked at a glance
Installation and maintenance
- Modbus Compatability – no extensive cabling required; cable connections within the unit are easy
- Space within units for access to cable terminals
- Uses industry-standard communication links – simple to integrate into existing control systems
- Any adjustments are performed electronically – minimal maintenance and no drift from adjustable potentiometers
- Separate zones can be individually inhibited – you can work on specific areas without affecting the rest of the system
- Modular construction – replacement parts if required, which plug straight in
Compliance and reliability
- Validated to IEC 61508 (SIL 1) – demonstrates system dependability
- System monitors relay continuously – coil faults are identified immediately without input from you
- Internal battery pack – power outs are not a problem. Internal battery pack continuously monitored for change levels and connection. The system is operational at all times. Option not available on flameproof versions.