Carbolite Gero TG Gradient Split Tube Furnace range comprises of two models both have a maximum temperature of 1200°C.
Split tube furnaces specifically designed to provide a temperature gradient along the length of the heated zones. They use free radiating wire elements embedded within the insulation of the furnace body. The benefit of this design is its flexibility; with the use of tube adapters, the same furnace can be used with a variety of tube diameters.
The TG2 12/125/425 furnace has two independent zones, and TG3 12/60/600 has three independent zones. They are split tube furnaces that comprise a furnace body which is hinged and split into two halves along its length. This makes the exchange of work tubes more accessible and also enables the furnace to be used with reactors or work tubes where end flanges would make insertion into a non-split furnace difficult.
To prevent natural heat transfer between adjacent heating zones, the TG2 furnace includes a 25 mm long, unheated zone barrier between the two heated zones and the TG3 has two 75 mm long, unheated zone barriers between the three heated zones. Each heated zone has its own temperature controller and thermocouple. This range of tube furnaces does not include an integral work tube which must be selected as an additional item. Should vacuum or a modified atmosphere be required, it is necessary to use a separate slide-in work tube of adequate length needed to fit end seals. The use of a separate work tube has the advantage of protecting the heating elements from damage or contamination.
The temperature gradient achievable is influenced by work tube diameter. Larger gradients will be achieved with smaller diameter work tubes because heat transfer between zones will be less.
- Each zone has a Carbolite Gero EPC3016P1 programmable temperature controller with 24 segments
- TG3 12/60/600. Overall heated length of 600 mm divided into three 150 mm heated zones with two 75 mm unheated zone barriers
- TG2 12/125/425. Overall heated length of 425 mm divided into two 200 mm heated zones with a 25 mm unheated zone barrier
- Wire elements in high-quality vacuum formed insulation ensure fast heat up, excellent temperature control and short cool downtimes
- Furnace splits into two halves and accommodates tubes or samples fixed into a test rig
- Furnace body detachable from the control box to allow the use of optional mounting arrangements
- Control module with a 2-metre cable to furnace with plug and socket
- Wide choice of tube diameters and materials
- Over-temperature protection for each heated zone (recommended to protect valuable contents & for unattended operation)
- Vertical stand & vertical tube support package
- Insulation plugs & radiation shields to prevent heat loss & improve uniformity
- Vacuum packages with a choice of rotary vane pump or turbomolecular pump
- 4 m long extension cable to give a total 6 m length of cable between furnace body and control box
- Gas packages with manual valve
- Gas packages with electrically operated valve for up two gases
- Chemical vapour transport (CVT) heat a reactor tube to provide the two distinct temperatures required in chemical vapour transport reactions
- Physical vapour transport (PVT) Materials are vaporised in the hotter zone and condense in the cooler zone
|Diameter accessory tube (mm)||60|
|Heated length (mm)||600|
|Max temp (°C)||1200|
|Dimensions: External H x W x D (mm)||560 x 795 x 480|
|Diameter accessory tube (mm)||125|
|Heated length (mm)||425|
|Max temp (°C)||1200|
|Dimensions: External H x W x D (mm)||645 x 665 x 575|