Carbolite STF 16/610 Tube Furnace, 610mm heated length. Maximum overall diameter of a tube insert is 90mm.
STF stands for Single Zone Tube Furnace, with a uniform length of 400mm +/-5 (°C). Maximum temperature is 1600C, continuous working temperature 1500°C. Maximum power 7000 watts.
Heating is provided by Silicon Carbide elements, which allow fast heating to operating temperature. Furnaces are supplied without a work tube. Depending on the application, customers may have their own or choose from chemically resistant tubes or other lengths. Furnaces can be bored to accept a specific diameter as standard accepts 60mm or 90mm outer diameter. Longer tubes allow clearance from the furnace to support accessories necessary for gas insertion and vacuum deployment. Work tube seals, plugs, gas or vacuum inlets.
Supplied with a 301 PID controller with a single ramp to setpoint and process timer, optional upgrades that allow programming for ramping and RS232, RS485 or Ethernet connectivity available and data loggers.
STF 16 examples of use Novel materials testing for research, testing of electronic components under vacuum or inert atmospheres, sensor heat testings, for example, thermocouples. For applications that require precision uniformity, three-zone versions are available.
- Over-temperature protection is used if a furnace has expensive contents or is left unattended for significant periods
- A range of additional work tubes in various lengths and materials, quartz, ceramic, metal, end seals and work tube packages, are available for use with modified atmosphere and vacuum. Or for simply aiding heat retention.
- Pumps are offered for vacuum application: rotary vane pump or turbomolecular pump
- Insulation plugs & radiation shields to contain heat loss and enhance uniformity
- Electrical configuration 2 or 3-phase electrical supply possible
- Hook and strap work tube support