Carbolite Gero SNF Swelling Number Index Furnace 900°C.
This furnace is designed to test swelling index number of coal in compliance with standards BS ISO 501:2012 hard coal – determination of the crucible swelling number and ASTM D720-91(2010) standard test method for the free-swelling index of coal. A known mass of coal is heated within a crucible in adherence to a set procedure, after the process, a swelling number can be arrived at by comparison of the size and shape of the residual to referenced outlines.
- Chamber dimensions height 330 x width 410 x depth 300 mm
- Compliant with BS 1016-107.1:1991
- Power supply 220-240v single phase
- Weight 26kg
The furnace has a 2132 controller fitted as standard, and a crucible wire holder is supplied. Continuous operating temperature is 850C; maximum power consumption is 800 watts. External crucible height 26mm, outer diameter 41mm, internal diameter at the base 11mm.
For protection, a 30 mA (RCD) residual current device is standard.
- Over Temperature Protection for long periods of unattended operation
- Additional crucibles and lids available
- Spares Kit which includes a thermocouple, thermocouple sheath, heating element, solid-state relay (SSR) and door insulation piece
- Choice of eight or twenty segment digital controllers, with RS232, RS485 communication options