Carbolite GHA and GHC Horizontal Tube Furnaces are all supplied without work tubes and have a maximum temperature of 1200°C. Recommended continuous temperature is 1100°C.
The GHA is a single-zone bench-mounted furnace, and the GHC is the three-zone version. Both types of furnaces can accommodate a large overall diameter of work tube up to 170mm. Adaptors allow the flexibility of accepting tubes lower than the maximum overall diameter into the furnace. The controller forms the base of the furnace and is a PID 301 with a process timer and one ramp. Options allow 8 or 20-segment programming with storage.
The furnace heats using free wire radiating elements inside the furnace body, and using a separate work tube reduces the probability of element damage. Insulation is vacuum formed provides fast energy efficient heating.
The models in this range are detailed below; 12 indicates the maximum temperature the following number denotes the heated length in mm.
Single zone modular horizontal models: GHA 12/300, GHA 12/450, GHA 12/600, GHA 12/750, GHA 12/900, GHA 12/1050 & GHA 12/1200
Three-zone zone modular horizontal models: GHC 12/450, GHC 12/600, GHC 12/750, GHC 12/900, GHC 12/1050 & GHC 12/1200
Features Unique to GHC 3 Zone models
- 150mm each end zones
- Back-to-back thermocouples control end zone
- Excellent uniformity, end zone temperature loss compensated
Options Common GHA & GHC
- Over-temperature protection is used if a furnace has expensive contents or is left unattended for large periods.
- Work tubes varying lengths and diameters and materials – shock and chemically resistant.
- Insulation plugs, Work Tube Seals & Radiation shields to increase uniformity, combat heat loss and for atmosphere retention
- Pumps are offered for vacuum application: rotary vane pump or turbomolecular pump.
- Alternative mounting options
Options GHC 3 Zone Only
- Ends Zones 300mm
- Re-transmission of setpoint