Carbolite Gero CF24 floor standing cupellation furnace has a maximum temperature of 1200°C and internal chamber dimensions of; H 200 x W 250 x D 340 mm. The heating elements allow for continuous operation at 1200°C. The furnace can accommodate 24 no. 8 cupels OR 32 no. 6 cupels.
Designed for testing the purity of precious metals by fire assay or cupellation in accordance with the method set out by the UK Assay Office standard ISO11426:1999. Also, complaint with Hallmarking stipulations laid down by the Convention on the Control and Marking of Articles of Precious Metals or Precious Metals Convention, Hallmarking Convention or Vienna Convention.
The CF 24 is supplied with a 301 controller with one ramp to set temperature and process timer, which can be upgraded to eight or twenty segment programmes, with storage and communications options.
When undertaking the test, hazardous, corrosive fumes are created, to protect the operator these are extracted by an exhaust duct and collected, a container can remove condensed lead. The Silicon carbide lined roof and hearth preserve the heating elements and resist the corrosive fumes emitted during the cupellation process. The elements are mounted in the top and bottom of the chamber giving uniform heating of cupels; an observation hole is included on the door.
- Element over-temperature protection
- Counterbalanced up & away vertically opening door
- The airflow, controlled by an adjustable valve, is preheated before entering the work chamber
- Silicon carbide heating elements resistant to thermal shock & provide extended life at high temperatures
- Fitted with seven days, 24-hour time-switch to allow programmed heat up before use. Heat up time to full temperature approximately 3 hours
- Maximum power 13000 watts, three-phase electrical supply required
- External size H 2055 x W 925 x D 985 mm