Carbolite Gero AAF 12/32 Ashing Furnace 1200°C, 32-litre capacity
Chamber dimensions are H 250 x W 280 x D 450 mm with a heat-up time of 70 minutes. Maximum power is 9000 watts. The maximum temperature is 1200°C; however, for continuous operation, the furnace should be used at 1100°C.
Made with wire heating elements embedded in tough alumina, which protects the elements from resins in the burn-off process providing chemical resistance and mechanical protection. The chamber is heated from all four perimeters, allowing heat escape compensation; they also heat incoming air into the furnace. This achieves excellent uniformity even with ample airflow going through the chamber.
A sizeable floor area allows several samples to be inserted, supplied with a double tier shelving that doubles the capacity. The height of the chamber allows air to flow close to samples promoting burn-off. Airflow changes are 4-5 per minute initiated by the air inlet and out by the large chimney. To avoid sample cooling, the inlet air is preheated.
Typical applications are food, plastics, coal and other hydrocarbons.
- Robust silicon carbide tiles of the 32-litre model offer strong resistance to carbon build-up and chemical attack
- A constant airflow of 4-5 volume changes per minute ensures rapid combustion
- Preheated airflow to maintain excellent temperature uniformity
- Tall chimney for fume exhaust by convection
- Vertical counter-balanced door keeps hot door insulation away from the operator
- A positive break door safety switch isolates the chamber from the power supply when the door is open
- Double-skinned construction allows convection airflow to cool the outer case to conform to EN61010 safety standard
- Standards BS 1016 part 4, ISO 344/1171, ASTM D2361, D2795 and D3174.
- Choice of PID controller or programmers