Carbolite Gero AAF 11/3 Ashing Furnace 1100°C, 3-litre capacity.
Chamber dimensions are H 90 x W 150 x D 250 mm with a heat-up time of 155 minutes. Maximum power is 2100 watts. The maximum temperature is 1100°C; however, for continuous operation, the furnace should be used at 1000°C.
Made with wire heating elements embedded in tough alumina, which protects the elements from resins in the burn-off process providing chemical resistance and mechanical protection. The chamber is heated from all four perimeters allowing compensation for heat escape, and also heats incoming air into the furnace. This achieves excellent uniformity even with large volumes of airflow going through the chamber.
A sizeable floor area allows several samples to be inserted, and the low ceiling height of the chamber allows air to flow close to samples promoting burn-off. Airflow changes are 4-5 per minute, initiated by the air inlet and out by the large chimney. To avoid sample cooling, the inlet air is preheated.
Designed around ISO 1171:2010, ASTM D3174-04:2010 and ASTM D4422
Typical applications are food, plastics, coal and other hydrocarbons.
- Maximum operating temperature 1100°C
- Chamber capacity of 3 litres
- Robust mullite muffle design offer strong resistance to carbon build-up and chemical attack
- A constant airflow of 4-5 volume changes per minute ensures rapid combustion
- Preheated airflow to maintain excellent temperature uniformity
- Model supplied with Inconel tray & handle for easy loading/unloading
- Tall chimney for fume exhaust by convection
- Vertical counter-balanced door keeps hot door insulation away from the operator
- A positive break door safety switch isolates the chamber from the power supply when the door is open
- Double-skinned construction allows convection airflow to cool the outer case, to conform to EN61010 safety standard
- Choice of PID controller or programmers