Carbolite Gero AAF 11/3 Ashing Furnace 1100C, 3-litre capacity.
Chamber dimensions are H 90 x W 150 x D 250 mm with a heat-up time of 155 minutes. Maximum power is 2100 watts. The maximum temperature is 1100C; however, for continuous operation, the furnace should be used at 1000C.
Made with wire heating elements embedded in tough alumina which protects the elements from resins in the burn-off process providing chemical resistance and mechanical protection. The chamber is heated from all four perimeters allowing compensation for heat escape; they also serve to heat incoming air into the furnace. This achieves excellent uniformity even with large volumes of airflow going through the chamber.
A sizeable floor area allowing for several samples to be inserted, the low ceiling height of the chamber allows air to flow close to samples promoting burn off. Airflow changes are 4-5 per minute initiated by the air inlet and out by the large chimney. To avoid sample cooling, the inlet air is preheated.
Designed around ISO 1171:2010, ASTM D3174-04:2010 and ASTM D4422
Typical applications are food, plastics, coal and other hydrocarbons.
- Maximum operating temperature 1100 DegC
- Chamber capacity of 3 litres
- Robust mullite muffle design offer strong resistance to carbon build-up and chemical attack
- A constant airflow of 4-5 volume changes per minute ensures rapid combustion
- Preheated airflow to maintain excellent temperature uniformity
- Model supplied with Inconel tray & handle for easy loading/unloading
- Tall chimney for fume exhaust by convection
- Vertical counter-balanced door keeps hot door insulation away from the operator
- Positive break door safety switch isolates chamber from power supply when the door is open
- Double skinned construction allows convection airflow to cool the outer case, to conform to EN61010 safety standard
- Choice of PID controller or programmers