Carbolite Gero AAF 11/18 Ashing Furnace 1100°C, 18-litre capacity
The chamber dimensions are H 235 x W 196 x D 400 mm with a heat-up time of 70 minutes. The maximum temperature is 1100°C; however, for continuous operation, the furnace should be used at 1000°C. Full power is 7080 watts.
Made with wire heating elements embedded in tough alumina, which protects the elements from resins in the burn-off process providing chemical resistance and mechanical protection. The chamber is heated from all four perimeters, allowing heat escape compensation; they also heat incoming air into the furnace. This achieves excellent uniformity even with ample airflow going through the chamber.
A sizeable floor area allowing for several samples to be inserted, supplied with a two-tier rack system doubling the sample capacity with sample trays and loading handle. The height of the chamber allows air to flow close to samples promoting burn-off. To avoid sample cooling, the inlet air is pre-heated.
Typical applications are food, plastics, coal and other hydrocarbons.
- Maximum operating temperature 1100°C
- Chamber capacity 18 litres
- Silicon carbide tiles of the 18-litre model offer strong resistance to carbon build-up and chemical attack
- Pre-heated airflow to maintain excellent temperature uniformity
- Tall chimney for fume exhaust by convection
- The vertical counter-balanced door keeps hot door insulation away from the operator
- A positive break door safety switch isolates the chamber from the power supply when the door is open
- Double-skinned construction allows convection airflow to cool the outer case to conform to EN61010 safety standard
- Standards BS 1016 part 4, ISO 344/1171, ASTM D2361, D2795 and D3174
- Choice of PID controller or programmers