The Pathfinder Pro is a fully approved Search and Rescue Transponder (SART) that complies with IMO SOLAS regulations. When interrogated by radar, the Pathfinder Pro returns 12 intense blips back to the vessel’s radar screen, greatly enhancing search and rescue efforts. The superior lithium battery provides over 96 hours of operating life in standby mode (waiting to be interrogated by radar) and 12 hours of active operating life (while interrogated by radar).
The Pathfinder Pro comes with a sleek wall mount to keep this compact SART out of the way yet readily accessible in an emergency. The attached telescopic pole conveniently connects to the SART’s bottom and provides for maximum height and visibility out of a life craft. The SART can also be suspended inside the craft for hands-free usage.
A Search and Rescue Transponder (SART) is mandatory for all commercial vessels that must conform to GMDSS and any ship carrying more than one life raft.
- Any IMO SOLAS vessel on international voyages are required to carry a SART
- 300-500 Gross Register Tonnage (GRT) must have a minimum of 1 SART
- Over 500 Gross Register Tonnage (GRT) must have a minimum of 2 SARTs
- 1 SART for every four life rafts on Ro-Ro passenger vessels
- Enhances radar returns with 12 intense blips, whereby the first blip represents the SARTs location
- The unit transmits through the 9.2-9.5 GHz band marine radar when interrogated by radar
- Non-Hazmat Lithium battery (5-year replacement life) operates for over 96 hours in standby mode plus an additional 12 operational hours
- Certification: FCC, MED, Industry Canada, and Chinese CCS type approval certificate. Tested to IMO and IEC Standards
- Operational Life – 96 hours in standby mode; over 12 hours in operating mode
- Application: mandatory requirement for all vessels governed by GMDSS; any yacht or vessel carrying more than one life raft to accommodate crew and passengers
- Size: 8.94 x 2.56 x 2.36” (227 x 65 x 60 mm) – Easily packs into life raft
- Weight: 15.5 oz (440 g)
- Deployment: Manual
- Operation: Break protective cover, slide and hold yellow switch to the left, slide the red switch into the down position.
- Battery: Lithium/Iron Disulfide (Li/FeS2) Non-Hazardous (5-year replacement life)
- Frequency: 9.2-9.5GHz
- Output Power (EIRP) >26 dBm eirp
- Temperature Range (operating) -20°C to +55°C
- Temperature Range (storage) -30°C to +70°C
- Operating Life: Standby >96 Hours
- Operating Life: Active >12 Hours