The AISLink MOB automatically activates upon inflation of the lifejacket, sending an initial alert within 15 seconds to all AIS receivers and plotters in the vicinity. Both positioning and MOB emergency messages are transmitted, alerting vessels up to 5 miles away from your emergency.
Even in moderate seas, it is alarming how quickly a visual sighting of a man overboard can be lost. The AISLink MOB’s integrated GPS quickly pinpoints a precise location and transmits this as part of the AIS alert message to all local AIS equipped vessels. The AISLink MOB can alert your crew to the emergency by activating the DSC alarm on your vessel’s VHF. All AIS receivers and AIS-enabled plotters within a 5-mile radius (dependent on conditions) are alerted. An integrated high-intensity strobe light assists with accurate positioning, even in low light conditions. Powerful lithium metal batteries provide 24+ hours of operational life, and the high-impact housing can withstand a drop to the water of 20m.
Note that most modern AIS plotters and DSC VHF units comply with the standards for receiving MOB transmissions. However, it is recommended that you check with your equipment manufacturer to ensure compatibility. DSC functionality may vary — or be disabled entirely — according to the regulations of individual countries.
- Activation Method: Manual or Automatic Activation
- Application: Coastal Cruising, Sailing, Offshore Recreational, Commercial Marine
- Battery Life: 7 Years from date of manufacture or after emergency use (24+ hours operational battery life)
- Weight: 0.2 lbs (92 g)
- Warranty: 5 years
- GPS Enabled: Yes
- Dimensions: 4.52 x 1.81 x 1.06 in. (115 x 46 x 27 mm)
- Strobe: LED Strobe
- Temperature Range: Operational: -4°F to +131°F (-20°C to +55°C), Storage: -22°F to +158°F (-30°C to +70°C)
- Frequency: AIS channel 1- 161.975 MHz, AIS channel 2 – 162.025 MHz, DSC 156.525 MHz
- Transmit Power (EIRP): AIS: 1 Watt, DSC: 0.5 Watt
- Baud Rate: AIS: 9600 Baud, DSC: 1200 Baud
- AIS Messages: Message 1 (Position), Message 14 (MOB Status)
- AIS Repetition Interval: 8 messages/minute (message 14 sent twice every 4 minutes)
- DSC Messages: Individual Distress Relay (single call made on the press of the activation button, in regions where it is allowed)
- DSC Repetition Interval: Once every 5 minutes (Relay only)