The 3M Scott ELSA Sprint is a positive pressure escape set with a 15-minute air supply on demand for situations where the escape route may require physical exertion or maximum protection. These sets are made of durable materials and are available in high-visibility PVC or black anti-static materials options.
The apparatus consists of a cylinder equipped with a combined cylinder valve, reducer and a supply hose connected to a tempest demand valve, which can be linked to a positive pressure hood or a Promask stored in a storage bag.
The ELSA Sprint system is designed to activate when the bag is opened. The bag’s opening triggers the cord, which turns the cylinder valve handwheel to open the valve. The valve can also be activated manually if needed. Once the valve opens, medium-pressure air is immediately available at the facemask/hood demand valve. However, the valve remains closed until the wearer pulls the facemask or hood from the bag and puts it on. After donning the mask/hood, the wearer should take a deep breath to start the airflow.
- Maximum level of respiratory protection
- High-performance reducer
- Maintainable by trained personnel, low through-life costs
- Low training requirement
- Automatic activation
- Steel cylinder 15 minutes, 3 litres. Lighter carbon composite versions are available
- Available with high visibility or anti-static bag
- Automatic and manual activation
- The hooded variant features a whistle to alert the user to remove the hood when air is depleted
- Duty Tariff/Commodity Code: 9020009099. Origin UK
- Weight cylinder 6.34kg empty, 7.12kg full
2033348 Sprint 15-B Steel Facemask (Empty)
2033344 Sprint 15-B Steel Facemask (Full)
2033360 Sprint 15-B Composite Facemask (Empty)
2033350 Sprint 15-B Steel Positive Pressure Hood (Empty)
2033347 Sprint-10-B Steel Facemask (Empty) – now obsolete
2033343 Sprint 10-B Steel Facemask (Full) – now obsolete
2033359 Sprint 10-B Composite Facemask (Empty) – now obsolete
2033349 Sprint 10-B Steel Positive Pressure Hood (Empty) – now obsolete