TSI DustTrak II Desktop Aerosol Monitor 8530 is a light-scattering laser photometer, with two variations, the 8530 and the 8530EP. EP version includes an external pump designed for continuous monitoring in outdoor locations. Both versions have manual and programmable data logging so can be left unsupervised. Supplied with rechargeable battery, analog outputs and carrying case.
The DustTrak 8530 measures aerosol pollution such as dust, smoke, fumes and mists. Suitable for use in clean areas such as an office or other IAQ applications and tough environments such as building, tunnels or other contaminated areas. A sheath air system protects the optics from aerosol interference by an isolation chamber reducing the need for maintenance and improving reliability.
- 8530EP Low power consumption external pump for continuous monitoring
- 8530 inclusive of internal pump suitable for shorter duration or IAQ monitoring
- Gravimetric reference sampling capability for custom reference calibrations
- Models include STEL alarm setpoint enabling quarter of an hour averaging of mass concentrations
- Measures real time aerosol concentrations corresponding to PM1, PM2.5, Respirable, and PM10 or size fractions with a variety of inlet conditioners. Displayed by a 5.7 inch VGA color touchscreen.
Particle Size 0.1 to 10 µm. Aerosol concentration 0.001 to 400 mg/m3.
Operational Temperature 32 to 120°F (0 to 50°C)
Applications include indoor air quality monitoring, outside environmental monitoring, aerosol research, emissions and industrial hygiene.
For point source monitoring or applications requiring portability use the 8532 model.