The Drager PAS AirPack 1 can accommodate up to four compressed air cylinders of up to 12 litres in capacity and is constructed from an anti-static powder coated steel material.
A 50-metre length of hose is supplied with the PAS AirPack 1 as standard; this can be extended to a length of 100 metres with a range of extension hoses. The trolley hose reel connector is protected with a cover to minimise inadvertent damage being caused. The hose reel is equipped with a winding handle to allow the hose to be easily re-wound onto the reel after use. Outgoing hose distribution is also controlled with a braking system to prevent unnecessary unwinding and potential entanglement.
The trolley has the pneumatics system used on the PSS range of compressed air breathing apparatus. The system incorporates a safety pressure relief valve, and the pressure reducer is shrouded in a protective plate for additional safety. Ergonomically designed to facilitate ease of operation, general handling and mobility.
The Module comprises of:
- Robust welded durable steel frame coated, with a tough black anti-static polymeric powder coating, for corrosion protection
- Stainless steel fittings
Increased freedom of movement
The uninterrupted air supply is provided by the trolley-mounted cylinder(s) to the wearer via a hose reel. As the PAS AirPack can be easily re-located and therefore positioned in a safe zone near the working area, the user needs only wear a lightweight harness, such as Drager’s PAS Colt, during operation. This allows the wearer greater freedom of movement and less stress and fatigue than they would be subjected to if wearing a conventional self-contained breathing apparatus.
The PAS AirPack 1 Trolley module incorporates the following pneumatic elements;
- Pressure reducer suitable for connecting breathable quality air at an input pressure of either 200 or 300 bar
- Pressure reducer suitable for supplying breathable quality air at an outlet medium pressure of 8 bar nominal. (6 to 10 bar)
- Vent valves, to allow for the independent charging if an individual cylinder
- High Pressure (HP) gauge, indicating cylinder pressure
- Medium Pressure (MP) gauge, indicating a cascade system or ring main pressure
- Pressure relief valve, to relieve medium pressure from air hoses
- Whistle Warning Unit – High pressure (HPWWU), indicating cylinder pressure to a volume of approximately 55 bar
- Whistle Warning Unit – Medium pressure (MPWWU) for use with independent airline source. Indicating a cascade system or ring main pressure at approximately 4.5 bar
- Suitable for use in explosive atmospheres (ATEX zone 1)
The high-performance pressure reducer assembly of the PAS AirPack 1 is incorporated in the main pneumatic manifold assembly located behind the control panel. Functioning at inlet pressures of 200 or 300 bar the reducer provides a controlled outlet operating medium bar-pressure supply of 8 bar nominal. (6 to 10 bar). A pressure relief valve, incorporated into the manifold, ensures that any ‘overpressure’ (possible failure of the reducer) will not enter the medium pressure airline system.